Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

They dont make things the way they used to
Well now the summer is here and we have the dogs we are spending a lot more out side, the previous occupants had left 2 old dressing tables dumped outside which I had never bothered about before but now have decided they have to go so equiped with screwdriver and hammer I set to trying to dismantle them so we could take them to the tip

Nearly 3 hours later and every screw bolt and possibly fixing thing removed the dam furniture are still in one piece and standing I have taken the hammer to it with no joy how the hell is this possible if it was MFI I would just had to have sneezed within a mile radius and the thing would have been in bits so

Sorry but rant over I have sweat buckets and still have 2 pieces of knackered furniture in my back yard
They have probably been glued as well, some of that stuff can be pretty strong.
either use a bigger hammer at the joints, or get a circular saw, and cut the buggers up.

I have jumped up and down and allsorts pretty strong is an understatement I think they could survive a nuclear holocaust
sledgehammer ?
Clearly unlike anything I every bought from MFI - my stuff was usually knackered before I opened the box and discovered 3 screws were missing from the pack! I am glad i have now got to s astage in life where i can steadfastly refuse to consider any self assembly furniture.
If you still can't get rid of it by the time I come up your way I'll help you get it to the tip on the Monday morning. I have a vehicle that the would likely fit in.
Lots of Councils will collect bulky waste for nothing - or a small charge. Ring them.
My back yard looks like the clampets have squatted 2 old dessing tables kitchen carpet and lino that the dogs have ripped up and a 2 seater sofa that is now missing nearly all of its stuffing thanks to the dogs again god I feel such a tramp at the minute drastic action is required
Oh, Emily - my place looks a bit like that too. I did have a couple of nice geordie lads come along in a van and remove a load of rubble for £30.
The rest of the place has been weedkillered to within an inch of it's life. Everything has turned yellow - except the weeds which are thriving.
Hence my need for a few slaves.
the councils round here charge £15 per item to uplift

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 things punters dont want to happen on the way to meet an AW lady simo22 19 37,464 06-11-2011, 14:24
Last Post: Lady_Lust_XXX