Adultwork Forum

Full Version: They dont make things the way they used to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well now the summer is here and we have the dogs we are spending a lot more out side, the previous occupants had left 2 old dressing tables dumped outside which I had never bothered about before but now have decided they have to go so equiped with screwdriver and hammer I set to trying to dismantle them so we could take them to the tip

Nearly 3 hours later and every screw bolt and possibly fixing thing removed the dam furniture are still in one piece and standing I have taken the hammer to it with no joy how the hell is this possible if it was MFI I would just had to have sneezed within a mile radius and the thing would have been in bits so

Sorry but rant over I have sweat buckets and still have 2 pieces of knackered furniture in my back yard
They have probably been glued as well, some of that stuff can be pretty strong.
either use a bigger hammer at the joints, or get a circular saw, and cut the buggers up.
I have jumped up and down and allsorts pretty strong is an understatement I think they could survive a nuclear holocaust
sledgehammer ?
Clearly unlike anything I every bought from MFI - my stuff was usually knackered before I opened the box and discovered 3 screws were missing from the pack! I am glad i have now got to s astage in life where i can steadfastly refuse to consider any self assembly furniture.
If you still can't get rid of it by the time I come up your way I'll help you get it to the tip on the Monday morning. I have a vehicle that the would likely fit in.
Lots of Councils will collect bulky waste for nothing - or a small charge. Ring them.
My back yard looks like the clampets have squatted 2 old dessing tables kitchen carpet and lino that the dogs have ripped up and a 2 seater sofa that is now missing nearly all of its stuffing thanks to the dogs again god I feel such a tramp at the minute drastic action is required
Oh, Emily - my place looks a bit like that too. I did have a couple of nice geordie lads come along in a van and remove a load of rubble for £30.
The rest of the place has been weedkillered to within an inch of it's life. Everything has turned yellow - except the weeds which are thriving.
Hence my need for a few slaves.
the councils round here charge £15 per item to uplift
Pages: 1 2 3