Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

PPI
i had asked to cancel mine 10 days after i got it 5 years ago but they wouldnt let me so i have stated that in the letter, so the rang me at 6pm tonight to say i would get it all back
Fantastic, so maybe the fact that I asked not to have it would strenghen my case? I might have to be clever with how I describe it mind. As in not mention that I asked about it, just that I was not made aware of it and didn't ask for it. Hmmm... I'm not good at fibs, I'm already getting my story mixed up with the truth lol.
i never asked in writing the first time but asked them in the actual bank the reason i done it was i wasnt told i had to write to cancel it in the first place
When I took out my loan they never once said that there was IPP with it. It was me at the last minute asking if they had included it as I didn't want it and then they told me that yes there was and it was part of the deal now, so I would have to sign it or start all over again. They new I needed the money for a deadline that we had already hit. I was kind of cornered into it.
well just say that in your letter there is no need to lie then
Another job to get started on when I get back. I have loads that I can send a letter out to and if just one of them pays out I may be able to pay a debt off, so worth doing. Cheers.
It's worth checking out Kate, just phone them. Most of the PPI that's been sold in the past 10 years or so has been bogus, that's why the banks and building societies are so quick to reimburse at the moment but it won't last forever. Chances are that if you had any kind of life assurance policy in place (ie with your mortgage) you'll be eligible for a refund.

In my case I actually asked for PPI as the company I work for had a rather draconian approach to discipline at the time; people were being sacked or demoted for trivial offences and I wanted the back up of having PPI in case I found myself out of a job. When it later transpired that the practise was largely dodgy I thought I'd chance my arm and see if I was entitled to a refund. One of the questions they asked me was about life assurance and as I had a policy in place at the time they decided to cough up.

I'd also paid the loan off 18 months early, and another devious thing they did that I didn't realise at the time was to include all the future PPI premiums in the final settlement figure. In other words they charged me for 5 years worth of insurance for a loan that lasted three and a half years. Bastards!

Thankfully I got the money back with interest and compensation, so my advice would definitely be to go for it.
(23-06-2011, 23:12)Hobbes Wrote: It's worth checking out Kate, just phone them. Most of the PPI that's been sold in the past 10 years or so has been bogus, that's why the banks and building societies are so quick to reimburse at the moment but it won't last forever. Chances are that if you had any kind of life assurance policy in place (ie with your mortgage) you'll be eligible for a refund.

In my case I actually asked for PPI as the company I work for had a rather draconian approach to discipline at the time; people were being sacked or demoted for trivial offences and I wanted the back up of having PPI in case I found myself out of a job. When it later transpired that the practise was largely dodgy I thought I'd chance my arm and see if I was entitled to a refund. One of the questions they asked me was about life assurance and as I had a policy in place at the time they decided to cough up.

I'd also paid the loan off 18 months early, and another devious thing they did that I didn't realise at the time was to include all the future PPI premiums in the final settlement figure. In other words they charged me for 5 years worth of insurance for a loan that lasted three and a half years. Bastards!

Thankfully I got the money back with interest and compensation, so my advice would definitely be to go for it.

wow that was bad paying insurance on a policy that was no longer running. Arse holes!

I will look into it when I get home. I have a list of around 13 cards and loans I have taken out in the last 10 years to go through, so I would hope to hit jackpot with one or two of them and would use the money to pay the smaller debts off. It all counts!
go for it kate nothing ventured nothing gained