Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

PPI
has anyone r do u know who has successfully claimed back payment protection insurance
not recently, however I had it applied to a loan about 5 or 6 years ago, I spotted it on the second payment and called the bank, explaining that I hadn't asked for it and didn't want it. They refunded the money straight away.

websites like moneysavingexpert.com have lots of letter templates for you to fill in the blanks to get stuff like that refunded, it might take time, but as the banks have been told they were acting illegally they are starting to pay up. Most recent are Barklay's bank, who are said to be refunding their customers, and adding 8% interest on the amount.

I claimed it back from Alliance & Leicester a couple of years ago on an old loan I had with them. I didn't think I'd be successful but thought it worth a phone call. Turns out that as I have a death in service benefit on my company pension I was missold the insurance so got about £2500 back.

Definitely worth looking in to and doesn't take long to sort out. I got the refund within a couple of weeks of contacting them.
Jeeze I have card debts as long as your arm, so probably have. I also got a loan where I was sold it and asked them not to have it but they said they would have to cancel and do it all over again and I didn't have time. Sadly I think I ruined my chances with that one.

Do they investigate the companies for you or do you have to know already?
I reckon that is still mis-selling. Bastards. Claim it back.
(23-06-2011, 17:11)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Jeeze I have card debts as long as your arm, so probably have. I also got a loan where I was sold it and asked them not to have it but they said they would have to cancel and do it all over again and I didn't have time. Sadly I think I ruined my chances with that one.

Do they investigate the companies for you or do you have to know already?

You can still claim it back on the loan, that's just a tactic to make you take the PPI

go for it kate i have to get mine back could take upto 6 weeks though
I'll get Ann to remind me to do it when I get back. Any recommendations of company to use?
i just wrote to the company directly myself kate
oh write, so I guess I just need to check if I am paying insurance first and then when I have established that I have write a letter saying, why?