Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

uploading video clips
Hi, I have been reading through for the answers to my question, but I am starting to go crazy here!!!

I just cannot seem to upload clips to my AW PAGE.

I have no idea what they mean by what format etc, I am seriously bad at this kinda stuff!!

can anyone spare a couple of mins just to point me in the right direction of what I should be doing ( I thought it would be as simple as recording myself on laptop and uploading, but it never ever works)

Thanks in advance for any help
I had trouble with uploading clips myself at first. Firstly the format must be wmv (windows media video) and the title of the video must be exactly the same as the title you type into the filename box, so if your video is called something like myvideo.wmv then that is what you must type into the upload box. Hope that make sense, not really that good at explaining things, but as nobody else had replied thought I would have a go, lol. Your clips may be Mpeg, MP4, but I found that if you just rename the video wmv, then it usually accepts it. So if your video says it is anything other than wmv, just rename it. Also, I always use 'upload video via FTP' as it seems to work with that. Hope someone else can help you more. I always use a camcorder for my video clips and upload to computer. Have never used my laptop cam, so don't know how that works. Good luck.
My profile: MatureSally38K
i didn't know half of that myself Sally especially the bit about renaming to .wmv, thanks x
Your welcome Katie. Worked for me so hope it works for you too. xx
My profile: MatureSally38K
thanks so much for replying, I will have a go in the next few days and see if that works x
Mp4 formats work really well , I use a camcorder set at mp4 , I will sometimes use wmv file too but find mp4 upload with little issues only ever used ftp once to upload a rental

Country-gal
i find mp4 is the smallest so you get more choice about how you price clips xx
Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/miafoxuk
Hi all, I find that short clips up to about 1 minute are OK for uploading using the Upload Movies page, where you browse for the file.
Adultwork will accept a number of file formats, but I find .wmv or .mp4 as the best. You can't just rename the file though, you will need to convert it. There are free video converters out there to help you.

You can use FTP to upload larger files, and as Sally says, you need to type the filename precisely - I usually copy and paste it.

If you have any more questions I am happy to try to answer them. Either message me here, or on Adultwork, through my profile : http://www.adultwork.com/1512926

Cheers,
Eric (Ric)
xoxox
Thanks for this. I haven't uploaded any because the ones I did manage didn't work! Didn't understand it at all. Going to have another go later xx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading clips prob Lolly 15 27,016 02-08-2012, 20:04
Last Post: Lolly