Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

A bit quieter the past few days?
I think Curlytots is referring to webcam.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
New to forum but long time on AW, It has to be said a lot of newbies came along after the Ch4 programme and came along cheap cheap both cam and phone. Some did good some didn't, but hey guys love a newbie and it`s good to see the girls who join AW daily doing OK.. The one thing about being cheap is you find it harder to put your prices up with so much cheap competition.. I remember back in the day when the only competition was cheap Eastern European girls.. I manage to smile at £1.50pm for fone and think of all the cheaper girls doing same thing as me..

Thing that did shock me was one of my long time callers who likes to shop around, he likes a bit of taboo but doesn't push it tell me that for 99p - £1.10 he can get total relief in 3 mins. I used to drag his calls or shows out, was an OK earner, now his buzz is ringing me and telling me just how taboo some girls will go for pennies. Iv never been one to really believe my callers they chat as much BS as I do but I believe him lol lol ...

Regards & Respect x
I'm online from around 10am-3pm, all this week I've been featured daily on phone chat, I charge 1.30 a min...I'll let you girls guess how many calls I've had come through!

Only one good day on webcam this week and I'm grateful for it!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

I guess am what some might consider to be a Newbie to a certain extent. (An no i haven't seen the channel 4 programme)

I spent a very long while trying to figure out the tricks and workings of it all. In that process i have managed to acquire some regulars. An had it not been for them, i guess i would of been singing the blues as well.

I used to hang aroung in Free Preview sometimes all day an not one single peron would take me Pvt or Grp.

However i have since stop doing that and have found that it works for me. Simply because i think that men are very CURIOUS. So once you get them to enter one of the paid modes, its much easier. To try am somewhat get a show out of them.

From this i have had a good couple weeks. Everything crossed it stays that way
(20-07-2012, 11:04)wild1 Wrote:
(20-07-2012, 04:34)curlytots Wrote: Plus, a lot of men do like having a nice chat, bit of a laugh, and they can't get that with a lot of the really cheap non-English speakers.

I don't think its a nice thing to say.

Its not the non-english speaking girls who joined and offered "cheap" chat, most of them came with the program on channel 4.

There are a huge amount of non English girls always have been and there prices have always been quite cheap, i have noted some are now saying they access from the uk which i have my doubts. But hey sure some are doing very well and the guys still love them.

But

I have to agree a lot of them are English that have joined after seeing the program and have started at give away prices. The guys do love a newbie it has to be said some men are very fickle......love you for a whole week spend a fortune on you and after you have told them time and time again your still not going to meet them they move on to the next girl.

Think the ones that start very cheap will find it hard for the guys to except when they put there prices up.....I remember putting my prices up by 20p and it was the end of the world to some of the guys.

We were all newbies once and we all live and learn, i never came into this job thinking it was easy, i remember doing lots of research and even having to have a glass of wine or two before having to courage to go on cam the first few weeks or so.

The program made it out that you can earn shed loads by being a domme or talking filth while painting walls etc lol ( I must be doing something wrong) . Not really a true picture of how things really are at all.

Yes the money can be there but jesus for anyone that thinks its easy money and you have'nt got a huge amount of competition out there is dreaming.

I feel my prices for what i do in my shows are fine, i just personally would not do what i do for silly prices, it has been slower than normal for the past couple of weeks but i am not one to give up, i have just had to work different hours and work longer to get the target i like to get when i am on and some days have failed still lol, but i wont be giving up, if a guy likes you he will pay the extra to see you

You get the oh i really like you but your a bit expensive for me can you do me a deal or there are so many girls a lot cheaper..........i just tell them thats fine your free to go and get cheap!

It's been slower this whole year...I'm glad I started making movies at Christmas and doing more IM. I know many have found that but also many are still doing well...maybe it's my name, my photos, how I work or present myself, who knows...I probably didn't choose the best name but it is me, and I hate the bullshit portfolios where people sell themselves as giving the "most" and "best" but I suppose guys go for that.

I think the higher prices are reasonable...consider how much an average guy will spend on entertainment or on a few beers down the pub. Having a sexy girl on webcam, most probably completely out his league in real life, has got to be worth at least what he would spend on other things so easily. What I think they forget too is that we are people, we have lives, we don't have to give them a show.

I had a guy in free preview the other day send a skype booking through...it was for 5 credits for 10 minutes instead of 20! Thankfully I noticed before accepting, he was a new guy and I don't think trying the usual trick others pull. I looked at my cam as he was still there and said with astonishment that I couldn't accept it. I'll be getting a proper job again before I give a private show for 50p a minute!

Adultwork's Classy_Katy

(20-07-2012, 11:04)wild1 Wrote:
(20-07-2012, 04:34)curlytots Wrote: Plus, a lot of men do like having a nice chat, bit of a laugh, and they can't get that with a lot of the really cheap non-English speakers.

I don't think its a nice thing to say.

Its not the non-english speaking girls who joined and offered "cheap" chat, most of them came with the program on channel 4.
I call a spade - a spade, what can I say? I'm not going to apologise for telling it like it is. The girls that don't speak English, are well, non-English speakers and tend to offer cheaper webcam services perhaps for that reason. It's not xenophobic nor ill-advised for me to make such an observation.

I don't really care if you speak English or 25 different languages, I'm just making an observation.
(20-07-2012, 18:22)Classy_Katy Wrote: I had a guy in free preview the other day send a skype booking through...it was for 5 credits for 10 minutes instead of 20! Thankfully I noticed before accepting, he was a new guy and I don't think trying the usual trick others pull. I looked at my cam as he was still there and said with astonishment that I couldn't accept it. I'll be getting a proper job again before I give a private show for 50p a minute!

Funnily enough Katy the same thing happened to me last week. It was a new guy, and he was genuinely just mistaken. He made a phone chat booking for Skype, and was confused as to why when I started the conversation and he couldn't see me! I pointed it out to him that he'd made a phone chat booking and I'd refund his monies, and then he booked webcam for more credits and away we went.

He was also really hot which was nice, ha ha.

(20-07-2012, 04:34)curlytots Wrote: To be honest, I think when it's quiet, it's quiet, regardless of whether you're cheap or not... If a guy spies your profile, fancies some fun, he will pay that bit extra because you're what they want at that particular time.
Plus, a lot of men do like having a nice chat, bit of a laugh, and they can't get that with a lot of the really cheap non-English speakers.

Quote:I don't think its a nice thing to say. 

Quote:I call a spade - a spade, what can I say? I'm not going to apologise for telling it like it is. The girls that don't speak English, are well, non-English speakers and tend to offer cheaper webcam services perhaps for that reason. It's not xenophobic nor ill-advised for me to make such an observation.

I don't really care if you speak English or 25 different languages, I'm just making an observation.

Curlytots,

I absolutely agree with your original assertion (that non native English speakers, are, well, just that! and that one may confidently assume that most of us that frequent AW regularly would be in no doubt as to the authority and validity of the deduction that, at the very least, the majority; ie over 50% of non-English speaking fellow WG's, do indeed 'tend to offer cheaper webcam rates'.

This is, as you are most clear in articulating, a mere statement of fact, not an antagonistic emotional 'accusation' or derogatory insinuation towards any demographic, group, nationality/ies,. I totally support your (once again pragmatic, reasonable and straight forward) response to the suggestion that it was 'not a nice thing to say', primarily due to the undeniable(?) confidence that your observation is nothing less than a; measured, statistically viable, unemotional, unbiased, deduction concluded from evidence clearly available to all.

Let us be fearful of the day, us girls feel the need to edit ouselves, our feelings, our opinions, our observations between ourselves and in the very place that should encourage just the very opposite.

With love and respect to all fellow WG colleagues, (country, language, race, creed etc of complete irrelevance),Heart

MissE xx

"If you seek to know the truth, cease to cherish opinion" Heart

Meet, chat, cam
http://www.adultwork.com/1006993
I have to admit it has not been the same as it was over the last few years but I think that is where our "regulars" come in and also updating your material, coming up with fresh new ideas that you are able to offer to these clients.

Yes they might twaddle off to go and have a looksie at these non english speaking webcam ladies but at the end of the day the novelty will wear off and they will return to who and what they enjoy the most. It is irrelevant of pricing and at times it is down to what is new or fresh out there.

We just have to work that bit harder than we needed too about 2 years ago.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things from the past that no longer exist Emily of Halifax 82 82,025 11-06-2011, 22:25
Last Post: abcdef