Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

A wee bit lonely?
That is so true... I was speaking to one of my mates today on FB, and she's just given up her job in the place where we worked together because our boss was such a psycho bitch. I am more happy now in my work than I ever have been, I think that's amazing. I always was jealous of people who said they loved going to work or doing their work - now I'm that person! Smile

(Excuse the gushing, I can't help myself sometimes, I just feel so jammy!)
Slightly off topic but from a different side of the fence.... My ex partner had issues with some of my client base (i.e adult industry workers). She even started to question my integrity! A client to me is a client irrespective of what they do for a living.

Some times I actually spent more time with clients in the week (finalising accounts , planning etc) than I did her. Needless to say my business and professionalism came first and she's now an ex for a reason.

Some people have very funny views towards the people that work in this industry.

Apologies for going off tangent, but thought I would share an experience.
That's a great shame FA...it is all part of it, and can be a reason for us feeling lonely too, if we can't tell our friends because they may have a bad opinion of us as a result. I think spending time with clients in this industry is going to bring up a partner's insecurities if they have them...we're not all glamour models by any means, just ordinary girls and guys mostly, but the subject of sex is in the forefront and we're sexually confident.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
It still amazes me on some people's views... But hey we can't help it if they are narrow minded and retards can we?

I am fortunate that some clients have become great friends.. It makes some of the "how was your day " type conversations much easier!

Can I join your club please as all of my adult industry clients are really nice normal people.
(27-05-2012, 05:11)curlytots Wrote: Hey people,

Wee question for you all - as the nature of the industry dictates self-employment and sometimes a lack of colleagues... Do you ever feel lonely?

It's a job I love and I wouldn't trade for the world, but sometimes I wish there were more people to shoot the shit with.

I have joined a group and that has helped considerably, but was just wondering other peoples' viewpoints.

Cheers.

C x

At times yes but prefer it that way, although I do have online friends who are always there when in need of a moan and sharing of info.
I used to be snow white but drifted...