Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

British women 'fattest in Europe'
There is nothing implying it is only for the ladies Monty. Your contributions are most welcome and not gate crashing at all.

This is what I was trying to get at on WYGS forum. Some people are big build and would look ill if they went down t the size it says they should be. It says I should be around 10 1/2 stone too, but I know that would be too small for me and am not even going to try and get there. I'd be happy with 12 1/2 stone and still got a battle on my hands to get there, but I'll still be classed as overweight. I'll likely be a size 12 if I do make it there, as I'm back into my size 14 clothes now.
Should have said on another thread - well done for losing nearly a stone Kate.

BMI's should be used as a guide only. Note to the good - if your ribs look like a toast rack, you have overdone the dieting. Said flippantly but very true. It does worry me when people of any height and build see themselves as overweight when clearly they arent.
(27-11-2011, 09:35)monty69 Wrote: Should have said on another thread - well done for losing nearly a stone Kate.

BMI's should be used as a guide only. Note to the good - if your ribs look like a toast rack, you have overdone the dieting. Said flippantly but very true. It does worry me when people of any height and build see themselves as overweight when clearly they arent.

They should be used as a guide line, but the medical profession seem to stick to it religiously, which is madness in some cases. You hear of children being told they are fat and need healthy eating plans, when they clearly are not and there starts the pattern for the rest of their lives of crap diets and silly eating that will only make them feel paranoid about their weight.

i remember my doc saying there is talk about scrapping the bmi index as its ot a accurate indicator, he also said there were loads who are classed as obese / morbidly obese but are way fittter & have better health than those ith a normal bmi
Muscle is heavier than fat so people like Monty and with proper muscles (unlike me) would register as overweight/obese even if it were patently not the case.
http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/mu...o-fat.html
Point taken!
yes but I think the point is, that it is muscle weight and not fat weight. It's still going to weigh on the scales, but it's not bad for you in the way fat is, as you are using it.
I love a larger lady so I think the UK is okay for me.
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(26-11-2011, 20:02)Heather_Edwards Wrote: Shocked me to be fair, I thought the USA women were Bigger!!!
What do you think?

It's a typo. Should read "fittest" in Europe.
Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are British women's breasts getting bigger? Daz 2 6,075 17-05-2011, 15:03
Last Post: abcdef