Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Acrylic nails... Love em' or loathe em'!?
I am very lucky as I have good nails, that grow very quickly, I always keep them painted and looking nice, howver if I didn't have good nails I would def go for acrylics, and painted bright red, which seems to be becoming my signature xxx
(28-10-2011, 13:28)tinkerbell Wrote: oh en vouge is nice,....

I get on well with it but the girl doing it is great, she also trains others. I had a bad experience with a "professional" amateur and have tried others since but none have been as good.

Sarah
I prefer gel nails and mostly go for an overlay rather than an extension. When I'd previously tried acrylic, the scent of the monomer made me mental and the finished nails felt alien. Gel feels au natural and now comes in so many colours its fantastic.
i agree the smell can be potent, but ive not been able to smell it for about 5 years now lol i just not picking up the scent anymore

au natural, i can agree on some lever but my overlays are light as a feather,

this is what does get ym back up slightly because the "chinese " naisl hat people ahve done always give people a nasty taste in their mputh about acrylics which isnt really the case, if done right

its like any experience really isnt it if its bad the first time you wont go back to be burnt again
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

(28-10-2011, 00:33)SassyAnn Wrote: Good grief, it's all double-dutch to me! I just have natural nails. I tried painting them years ago and was really bad at it and also have a tendency to pull the polish off when bored. Mine just grow until they get in the way and I file them down, or they snap off cos I've done something clumsy.

You are very lucky Ann, you have lovely natural nails. Mine are horrible in comparison to yours.
never tried fake nails, just got my own, short and neat, some times painted but mostly not.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
(01-11-2011, 07:47)jayzee77 Wrote: never tried fake nails, just got my own, short and neat, some times painted but mostly not.

Are they quite firm Jayzee?

Mine are so soft it is ridiculous. The slightest knock and they will get damaged and peel off. I used to think it was due to constant biting, but I've grown them and stuck to it and tried so hard to just let them grow naturally, but they just won't as they bend and are so soft.

I have an acquaintance who was married to a friend of mine and she said she was really stressed out. I looked at her beautiful shaped nails and said she couldn't be or she would have no nails left and she told me to feel them. They were like teflon! I would have been envious but her husband was dying of cancer, so you can't really, but gosh I'd give anything to have nails like that.

The acrylic fills I have on my nails make them feel like that and I can use my nails so much better then I could before. I couldn't have opened a can with them before, the nail would have buckled under the strain, or stratch something with a nail, as it would likely have led to breaking it. I love being able to run my nails down a back and know that it feels good, instead of scratchy, like it would have been.

Those glue on false nails are awful!!!! I've got about 4 packets of them untouched, as I used to wear them before I had acylics put on and don't think I will ever wear them again.
my nails are quite hard, i can take apart those awkward stuck bit of lego.. and open cans no prob.
could be a vitamin deficiency?
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
I'm definitely deficient in something jayzee lol. I get IBS I doubt many nutrients are absorbed properly. I would take supplements but I have such a bad memory I doubt I would remember for long. I'm trying to take probiotics tablets at the moment to help my digestive system and I have forgotten 3 days in a row so far. I forgot to take my pill on Satuday as well, but Saturday was a bad day.
Mine got a little better when I started taking colloidal silica (the liquid). But you have to be very strict with it and I am definitely one to forget... Even still... They were never that strong when I was religiously guzzling the stuff twice a day... Did stop my hair from falling out when I was stressed though... It used to come out in handfuls during my last year of Uni!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long nails abcdef 5 12,004 30-04-2011, 21:47
Last Post: Tom30