Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

[split]support thread
(05-10-2011, 13:47)SassyAnn Wrote: OK, today I have smoked my last cigarette. I am seriously giving up smoking.
So bye-bye evil cigarettes, I look forward to healthier, cheaper, sweet smelling life without you!

Good luck Ann and everyone giving up Cool Don't be too disappointed with slips, I had 3 slips before stopping for good, if I remember right.

(05-10-2011, 14:20)lolo Wrote: try nicorette quickmist spray ann, go to your local chemist they give them to u for free, found that out after i paid 18 quid for mine

That's good lolo - is that only in Scotland though? We prolly have to pay prescription rate or something down south Rolleyes
no its a full uk thing the are just called different things depending where u live
Ah OK that's good to know
Good luck

There are smoking cessation clinics all over the country, usually run by private health care companies contracted to the NHS.

Years ago my wife gave up before we got married - she had her last cigarette on the morning of our wedding. What she did was find something she wanted to buy, like a new pair of boots, and then put on one side the money she would have spent on cigarettes in order to save for the target item. It certainly worked for her.
I just want to have fun Tongue
Stick at it Ann - and remember if you do slip it's not a probelm - just start giving up all over again. I'm sure you will do it.
(05-10-2011, 13:47)SassyAnn Wrote: OK, today I have smoked my last cigarette. I am seriously giving up smoking.
It tastes awful.
Everything stinks of smoke.
It doesn't actually calm my nerves - cos if I haven't got one to hand, I start panicking.
It's expensive.
I hate dirty ashtrays and bins full of fag butts.
Most of my clients, friends and family don't smoke.
There is something in the little buggers that makes you addicted, and I don't want to be in thrall to a global cigarette manufacturer making profits from getting me addicted in the first place.
I pay enough tax as it is.
I don't want to still be smoking when I'm 50 or 60.
It's not a good look.
People I love worry about my health.
It tastes awful.

The only down side, is I may need to avoid my friend that smokes for a while..... or at least her kitchen (she doesn't smoke in the rest of the house). So I shall need to be strong when I see her.

So bye-bye evil cigarettes, I look forward to healthier, cheaper, sweet smelling life without you!

This thread needs to be put into the 'what makes me happy thread'. Good news Ann. I'm really pleased and will keep my fingers crossed you are able to break the addiction.
Good luck to you Ann I really hope you suceed and give it up.
It will be a tough journey but you can be a tough lady so you can do it
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(05-10-2011, 19:29)Phil_Hants Wrote: Ah OK that's good to know

though just watch your local chemist i tried yesteray for it, got advised not to stop until the probs with my kidney has been resolved, they wouldnt even sell it to me either
I have just noticed all the roses, nice of you to thank everyone for the support Ann.

Where is mine?
[Image: 907Digger.png]
Just here for the Banter!