Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

[split]support thread
ura, green label.
Edit: year, green label.
omfg i was tired
What a fantastic thread - and how inspiring you all are!!

I've been thinking about quit smoking. I have had several stops through the years. Longest stop was approx two years. But then came one christmas party - and then New Years. And then I was hooked again. My problem is that all the people in my surroundings are smokers. My friends, my family, my co-workers.

I have just bought three packages today. Think I should let them be the final three.

Think I might... No, I believe that I.. No, I WILL! There, I said it. No turning back.
-

One must not lose desires. They are mighty stimulants to creativeness, to love and to long life.

Alexander A. Bogomoletz

[Image: 468x60_ginafaith_gif1eng.gif]
i had a relapse on sun but got back on track yesterday
nearly lapsed yesterday again
OK, today I have smoked my last cigarette. I am seriously giving up smoking.
It tastes awful.
Everything stinks of smoke.
It doesn't actually calm my nerves - cos if I haven't got one to hand, I start panicking.
It's expensive.
I hate dirty ashtrays and bins full of fag butts.
Most of my clients, friends and family don't smoke.
There is something in the little buggers that makes you addicted, and I don't want to be in thrall to a global cigarette manufacturer making profits from getting me addicted in the first place.
I pay enough tax as it is.
I don't want to still be smoking when I'm 50 or 60.
It's not a good look.
People I love worry about my health.
It tastes awful.

The only down side, is I may need to avoid my friend that smokes for a while..... or at least her kitchen (she doesn't smoke in the rest of the house). So I shall need to be strong when I see her.

So bye-bye evil cigarettes, I look forward to healthier, cheaper, sweet smelling life without you!
Congratulations Ann and I wish you all the best. It will be tough but I am sure you will cope. Two pieces of advice though.
1. Dont expect to see loads of extra money in your purse as you will doubtless use it elsewhere. I never saw the financial benefit when I gave up!
2. Ensure that you keep a grasp on eating - it is oh so easy to pile the ponds on after. That was one of the reasons why I had to go on a diet this year.
Are you getting help from patches etc or are you going cold turkey??
I've got some inhilators and I'm planning on doing more exercise to counteract the snack attacks! Somehow I think it will be easier to stop smoking than to start exercising!
Congratulation Ann. I hope it goes well for you. I found giving up only works if you really want too. Don't be half hearted, and break the habits, lighting up when on the phone or after a meal. replace them with something else a sip of water works. (not Voddie!) Not sure about after sex, but anything to keep your mouth and hands occupied. Rolleyes
try nicorette quickmist spray ann, go to your local chemist they give them to u for free, found that out after i paid 18 quid for mine
How are you getting on with quitting Lolo?