Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

learn emily to cook
get the curry recipes posted up sophie then we can have samples of your cooking
Hope you lot are making extra portions of your recipes so I can freeze and reheat them in the microwave that is the one piece of equipment that i can actually cope with
(30-08-2011, 12:54)capitalpunter Wrote:
(30-08-2011, 12:49)ChloeNewsome Wrote: Try a making chilli hun. I did for the first time about 4 months ago and now my lot want one every week.

Its dead easy

Get a big pan, fry some onions, add a teaspoon of chilli powder, I add Garlic too, them sling the mince in, you can use any mince, my lot like turkey, then add a tin (open it first) of chopped tomatoes, I get the one with herbs and garlic in, and you can also add a jar of chilli sauce if you want.

And then let it simmer for about 40 mins.

You can add kidney beans about 10 mins before its ready.

I always plan to make it at the weekend and then serve it Mon or Tues but it never seems to make it that long lol

If you make a big pan you can always batch it up in the plastic tubs from the chinese and freeze it, then its great for a quick meal with a jacket potato.

God I sound like my mum !!!

That's freaky! I made one last night-so easy and now I have a yum lunch and I've pissed half the office off as mine's better than their sarnie!

Crikey that is freaky Big Grin
(30-08-2011, 17:45)ChloeNewsome Wrote:
(30-08-2011, 12:49)ChloeNewsome Wrote: Try a making chilli hun. I did for the first time about 4 months ago and now my lot want one every week.

Its dead easy

Get a big pan, fry some onions, add a teaspoon of chilli powder, I add Garlic too, them sling the mince in, you can use any mince, my lot like turkey, then add a tin (open it first) of chopped tomatoes, I get the one with herbs and garlic in, and you can also add a jar of chilli sauce if you want.

I always plan to make it at the weekend and then serve it Mon or Tues but it never seems to make it that long lol

If you make a big pan you can always batch it up in the plastic tubs from the chinese and freeze it, then its great for a quick meal with a jacket potato.

That's freaky! I made one last night-so easy and now I have a yum lunch and I've pissed half the office off as mine's better than their sarnie!

Well if you have both made some surely one of you must have leftovers for little old me Chloe you are closer I might get away without even having to reheat it.

God I feel like Oliver Twist
(30-08-2011, 18:42)Emily of Halifax Wrote:

Its dead easy

Well if you have both made some surely one of you must have leftovers for little old me Chloe you are closer I might get away without even having to reheat it.

It sounds odd, but a chef I know swears by adding a sliced up mars bar to the chilli, all the chocolate and caramel melts into the sauce, and thickens it. He also says bournville works well, but dark chocolate isn't to everyones taste

Chocolate for chilli is a well known recipe (especially in Mexico), have never heard of Mars bar though. Can't use much, I imagine.... it would make it too sweet.
I often use this website, as you can pick your main ingredient, or the type of food you want, or country of origin. Allsorts, its great.

http://www.food.com/

You can even adjust the amounts for specific servings and then print a shopping list of what you need.
(30-08-2011, 18:42)Emily of Halifax Wrote:

Its dead easy

Lol I will give you a shout next time I make one xx

I do a mean curry but it is a cheat as I do use a ready made sauce.

500g of chicken, either diced or strips - can be cooked or raw
1 large onion sliced but not too finely
1 Pepper, any colour will do
3 cloves of garlic, either finely sliced or through the squeezer
30g of sultanas
1 Dessert spoon worth of mixed herbs
1 Dessert spoon of Worcester sauce
1 Jar of weightwatchers Tikka Masala Sauce
400g of white rice

Fry off the onions in as little oil as possible - baste with red wine and water if needed. While the onions cook, put in the garlic, the mixed herbs, sultanas and the pepper. Once the onions start to brown, you can add the chicken and the worcester sauce. If raw, you need to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, you can then add the Masala sauce. Continue cooking until everything has been fully infused with the sauce and it all isnt too runny. This should take about 15 minutes, start to finish (bit longer if the chicken is raw)
While you are cooking the curry, you need to boil the water, have a hot pan and cook the rice. Different rices have different cooking times so read the packet! You need to have the rice finish just as the curry finishes.
Our preference is Naan Bread but many like Popadums. All you need to do after serving is eat and it should be yummy (mine always is anyway!)

The whole meal is pretty mean on calories considering and should work out at about 800 per serving all in. In Weightwatchers terms - 17 Pro-points!

Enjoy!
(30-08-2011, 15:28)Emily of Halifax Wrote: Hope you lot are making extra portions of your recipes so I can freeze and reheat them in the microwave that is the one piece of equipment that i can actually cope with

I love it Emily, the ladies and gents should be happy to make you extra
I am glad you can use the microwave Em its a start next step the actual oven
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  some people could learn from this abcdef 6 8,617 18-10-2011, 23:07
Last Post: DivineMissG