Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

learn emily to cook
You're more than welcome to come and see! Can't swing a mouse for the chaos and the dust.....

It's all been messing up my chakras!
get some reiki
A surgical strike is the only way this place is getting back to normal!

Back to Emily's culinary dilemmas......

Start with what you like to eat. Learn one recipe and off you go! Nigela watch out!
I have the perfect kitchen. I designed it thinking about the people who can cook in my family (mother and brother) and what they would appreciate. I obviously don't appreciate it at all. Except maybe the ice dispenser.... dishwasher.... microwave.... drinks cabinet. Yep, that's about it!
(29-08-2011, 11:18)Johnhomes65 Wrote: Here is another idiot proof meal.

Take 1 pack of haloumi cheese, slice it into 5mm thick slices, place on a metal tray and grill for about 5 minutes.

In a cup place the juice of 1 lemon, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a chopped spring onion.

When the haloumi is starting to brown very slightly at the edges remove from grill, place on 2 plates and drizzle with stirred oil/lemon mix with a spoon.

Serve with sliced red pepper, sliced pitta bread and hummus, you can even add some falafels.

5 mins would cremate it, unless you mean to turn over at half time? I'm not big into frying things, but when I've made it, I've always done it in a frying pan and I love it with a thick rasher of bacon the way they serve it in cyprus. Oh how I miss their bread, well any bread really since my tummy doesn't like it. I think the serving suggestions are leading up to a mezza though. What else could we put on the plate? slobbers.
Try a making chilli hun. I did for the first time about 4 months ago and now my lot want one every week.

Its dead easy

Get a big pan, fry some onions, add a teaspoon of chilli powder, I add Garlic too, them sling the mince in, you can use any mince, my lot like turkey, then add a tin (open it first) of chopped tomatoes, I get the one with herbs and garlic in, and you can also add a jar of chilli sauce if you want.

And then let it simmer for about 40 mins.

You can add kidney beans about 10 mins before its ready.

I always plan to make it at the weekend and then serve it Mon or Tues but it never seems to make it that long lol

If you make a big pan you can always batch it up in the plastic tubs from the chinese and freeze it, then its great for a quick meal with a jacket potato.

God I sound like my mum !!!
(30-08-2011, 12:49)ChloeNewsome Wrote: Try a making chilli hun. I did for the first time about 4 months ago and now my lot want one every week.

Its dead easy

Get a big pan, fry some onions, add a teaspoon of chilli powder, I add Garlic too, them sling the mince in, you can use any mince, my lot like turkey, then add a tin (open it first) of chopped tomatoes, I get the one with herbs and garlic in, and you can also add a jar of chilli sauce if you want.

And then let it simmer for about 40 mins.

You can add kidney beans about 10 mins before its ready.

I always plan to make it at the weekend and then serve it Mon or Tues but it never seems to make it that long lol

If you make a big pan you can always batch it up in the plastic tubs from the chinese and freeze it, then its great for a quick meal with a jacket potato.

God I sound like my mum !!!

That's freaky! I made one last night-so easy and now I have a yum lunch and I've pissed half the office off as mine's better than their sarnie!
Oh my goodness Don't get me started on cooking- I could be here for hours!! My new oven is coming to ight though so I'll be in the kitchen for hours Smile yay for my new oven!! Will give you some super easy recipes later- I'll callit 'faster meals for the lady on the go'
(30-08-2011, 13:00)sophie-york Wrote: Oh my goodness Don't get me started on cooking- I could be here for hours!! My new oven is coming to ight though so I'll be in the kitchen for hours Smile yay for my new oven!! Will give you some super easy recipes later- I'll callit 'faster meals for the lady on the go'

What about us guys on the go? Some of us are quite handy in the kitchen too......as well as other rooms! lol
Ok. How about 'faster meals for those that can't wait for desert' Smile maybe I'll use my very productive office time to improve on this title.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  some people could learn from this abcdef 6 8,655 18-10-2011, 23:07
Last Post: DivineMissG