contract dongle or payg dongle
so if i wanted to use it at home or incall house

the following wont work

vodaphone
orange
tmobile

as their masts were taken down
That limits you slightly
(18-08-2011, 09:54)lolo Wrote: its more or less o use on the bus on the way to maidstone & back up

just a thought are you travelling throught the day or through the night

If its through the night be careful I used to use my laptop on the train between Newcastle and Leeds glanced out of the window opposite and could see the reflection of the screen and clearly make out the sites I was on so if I could see it so could others around me

bugger going down the way its through the night, through the day coming back up

think it will be o2 one i'll go with
(18-08-2011, 10:23)Emily of Halifax Wrote: If its through the night be careful I used to use my laptop on the train between Newcastle and Leeds glanced out of the window opposite and could see the reflection of the screen and clearly make out the sites I was on so if I could see it so could others around me

I do not use my laptop in public, so do not have that problem. However, I did recently see a privacy screen that you can put on a laptop to stop others seeing what you can.

I have no idea how it works and do not know where I saw it, it may have been in Dixons? at the airport, maybe somebody else knows more.

Sarah

PS Or you could try a towel over the head?
Just watch how you position it and keep an eye on reflections otherwise grandad sitting opposite may have a very sleepless night
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog...CGwQ8wIwAQ#

is that what u mean sarah
(18-08-2011, 11:26)lolo Wrote: http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog...CGwQ8wIwAQ#

is that what u mean sarah

Yes that is the type of thing. What I recalled was "only persons directly in front of the monitor can see the image on screen".

Not sure how it worked and slight less obvious than sitting on the coach with a beach towel over your head

Sarah
(18-08-2011, 11:10)wife4rent Wrote:
(18-08-2011, 10:23)Emily of Halifax Wrote: If its through the night be careful I used to use my laptop on the train between Newcastle and Leeds glanced out of the window opposite and could see the reflection of the screen and clearly make out the sites I was on so if I could see it so could others around me

I do not use my laptop in public, so do not have that problem. However, I did recently see a privacy screen that you can put on a laptop to stop others seeing what you can.

I have no idea how it works and do not know where I saw it, it may have been in Dixons? at the airport, maybe somebody else knows more.

Sarah

PS Or you could try a towel over the head?

Never gave it a thought at the time I had being doing it for weeks needless to say that was the last time though

I like the look of the privacy screen. Even sitting in hotel lounges (or on the ferry) you never know who is behind you!
Check if the bus has wifi, some of the big coach companies offer that now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  camming through dongle / mobile MsV 1 4,564 15-04-2016, 23:49
Last Post: HeidiBloom69