Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

rip off garages
they'll be one egghead likely
hehe
There are some cars about now that won't let you stick the wrong nozzle in as it doesn't fit.
I have seen loads of instances where alledged professional drivers have put unleaded in Diesel vans
costs £400 if you do not move it and thousands if they do not realise in time and try to drive off.

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Red diesel (Gasoil) is for agricultural engines and those that dont go on the public highway. It is also used in boats but I believe that may have / might be changing very soon. All other diesel engines run on Derv. The difference?? A red dye indicated rebated fule that is charged out with much lower duty on it. The penalty for using it illegally is a very large fine. They also take a very dim view on people buying gasoil and extracting the red dye!
Kerosene is a very similar fuel but is drier. You can run a diesel engine on it but not for long as it doesnt have enough lubrication in it. Kerosene is also known as heating oil. Like Derv, it is clear and has been used for running cars - it costs just over 1/3 of the price of Derv. More difficult to detect but you would soon ruin an engine if used constantly. Again major fines if caught using it in a vehicle.
Green fuels manufactured out of old cooking oils etc seem very good for the environment but are costly to produce - unless you have a ready supply of raw material. You can produce about 2,000L for personal use before you get taxed (I think!), then duty is charged and it becomes uneconomical.

Wow, what a boring old fart I have become!!! Incidentally, I dont have a problem with the tractors, the filler aperture is very large!!
(04-08-2011, 07:24)Freddo Wrote: There are some cars about now that won't let you stick the wrong nozzle in as it doesn't fit.
I have seen loads of instances where alledged professional drivers have put unleaded in Diesel vans
costs £400 if you do not move it and thousands if they do not realise in time and try to drive off.

Did that once Freddo - was not well at all one morning just after coming back from a trip with OH's car (petrol). Had gone shopping in mine (diesel), filled up at the petrol station and driven a mile down the road when it started to cough. Thats when i realised my mistake!!! - I was extremely lucky as it cost me £150 to fix. Wont be making that error again!
There was a point when pure veg oil was a lot cheaper than diesel, but the problem with veg oil is that it changes in density depending on the weather and can not be used in the winter as it gets too thick and can become very thin if it is very hot. It is suggested that you never use 100% veg oil if you do use it, but always keep at least a third of the tank with diesel, although actually the vehicle performs very well with oil, as it is a great lubricant as well.
(03-08-2011, 10:44)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 08:52)Emily of Halifax Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 19:57)CurvaceousKate Wrote: What's a petrol pump?

AHH bless you kate I will educate you on the workings of petrol station and more importantly petrol pumps they can be quite useful things when it comes to driving now dare I ask are you petrol or diesel

I'm diesel, I have to go for the little nozzle Tongue

(03-08-2011, 11:11)Emily of Halifax Wrote: Top marks gold star for Kate

I hope you have not filled up yet Kate as I am sure unleaded has a small nozzle and diesel has a big one.....

Here is something that will help http://www.stopdieselmisfuelling.co.uk/ and if ever you want to know a bit more about your car and how to maintain it I'm happy to help...........
No it's the other way round. I can't physically put an unleaded nozzle in my vehicle, as it won't fit, whereas I have done it the other way round when I had a car that took petrol.

Perhaps you should be careful with your own vehicle! lol
(07-08-2011, 22:02)CurvaceousKate Wrote: No it's the other way round. I can't physically put an unleaded nozzle in my vehicle, as it won't fit, whereas I have done it the other way round when I had a car that took petrol.

Perhaps you should be careful with your own vehicle! lol

Maybe some lube Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Nope, definatley diesel bigger than petrol - even the AA agree with me

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fue...lling.html
My daughter and hubby one day got quoted by a firm - wont name them but they used to jump in the air in their ads. KF quoted them £700 and they refused to pay that. They got to my other daughters and I called someone out and all he cost was £20 - no difference. I think they prey on female drivers too when they think they dont know anything about cars - which in my case is usually the case but i can usually blag my way thru it.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.