Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

rip off garages
under the car the other day noticed flexi hose missing

took it in this morning got quoted 600 for a new exhaust as they dont just do the hose part, way out one of the mechanics pulled me to the side gve me a number of a old mechanic

went & saw him he rung tht garage next think he asks if i would nip back down to pick the hose up

all in total 45 quid for fitting etc ...

pisses me right off
Ouch but at least it does prove that not all mechanics are rip off merchants. Good of the mechanic to pass on details of another guy that could help out.
Workshops are renowned for inflating prices especially if it is a decent car i know of one that took is a porsche the work if it had been a normal run of the mill car would have been around £50 quid but he ended up being charged over £300 best to shop around
thats crap emily
(29-07-2011, 12:24)lolo Wrote: under the car the other day noticed flexi hose missing

You worry me sometimes, always make sure you pull the hand brake on before getting out or next time you might get hurt. Still on the upside at least you noticed something wrong with the car, I would not have had a clue

Sarah
I noticed while driving home that the milleage monitor was blank, plus the windscreen wipers haven't worked properly since last November, so looks like I'm going to have to go to the official dealer to get that sorted. Hope it doesn't cost too much.
(29-07-2011, 18:13)wife4rent Wrote:
(29-07-2011, 12:24)lolo Wrote: under the car the other day noticed flexi hose missing

You worry me sometimes, always make sure you pull the hand brake on before getting out or next time you might get hurt. Still on the upside at least you noticed something wrong with the car, I would not have had a clue

Sarah

i also leave it in gear to so it doesnt roll
(29-07-2011, 18:32)CurvaceousKate Wrote: I noticed while driving home that the milleage monitor was blank, plus the windscreen wipers haven't worked properly since last November, so looks like I'm going to have to go to the official dealer to get that sorted. Hope it doesn't cost too much.

Why would you have to take it to a dealer, unless it is still under warranty and even then you do not have to as long as the garage you get the repairs done is
registered for VAT

and if it is under warranty it should be covered
You must know someone that can look at it for you

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

it might just be a fuse kate which u can pick up a pack at any petrol garage for couple of quid
(29-07-2011, 22:37)lolo Wrote: it might just be a fuse kate which u can pick up a pack at any petrol garage for couple of quid

I think you are probably right Lolo

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]