Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

rip off garages
I think Emily was trying to suggest that, the sooner it is fixed, the better it is for you Kate. What you dont want to happen is for the fault to develop into something worse, especially while on tour!
Thats what I meant Monty with all the driving you are going to be doing especially with the wipers not working the speedo is not as important but would definately try to get the wipers sorted
Ah well I popped in to my regular garage today and I'm glad to say they are soooo lovely in there. I told him what they said at the other place about the odometer, as in it will cost £5 for the bulb and £90 to get it put in. He asked me if I still had all other things functioning, which I do and he said, so why do you want it fixing? I thought it might be necessary for the MOT and apparently it is not essential, so he basically said, forget it. The windscreen wipers have not worked properly since November of last year, but they do work when I squirt them with water to clean them and they do work when it's a proper down pour, I just have to manually wipe now and again when it is spitting, so again, not essential.

I will see how I have got on after the tour and if I have done well I will invest the money in getting it done when it is due it's MOT, as I think it needs a new exhaust this year, so it's not going to be a cheap one anyway. I'll save up around £600 to hopefully cover the costs.

So... no panic, no worry, just a bit annoying.

Thank you for caring though and for all the help in trying to work out how to fix the problems. I now know how to change a fuse and where my fuse box is, which is more than I did before. Oh and how to reset the radio Smile And thanks to Robot I now have a copy of the correct manual to go with my vehicle, which I have never had in the 4 years I've had it. Finally, I know how much air to put in the tyres!!!
I am right in assuming I hope that you already knew how to use a petrol pump though(sorry couldnt resist)
(02-08-2011, 17:40)Emily of Halifax Wrote: I am right in assuming I hope that you already knew how to use a petrol pump though(sorry couldnt resist)

hows your Oh getting on with petrol pumps ems is he remembering to go now
Hmm why do you think i posted this him and cars dont mix why he sells them for a living I will never know his latest escapade last Friday night went back up north to pick the kids up for the weekend, on his way back they broke down just before middlesborough but youve guessed it no aa or rac cover that would be just to sensible a thing to do.

He ended up ringing his mate who has roadside assistance then upgrading his mates policy obviously pretending to be him to get a recovery truck to get them back to Halifax apparently they got back at about 3 in the morning with the car on the back of the truck,but on the upside there was no chance of him running ou was there.

Apparently we are getting a treat for the weekend in a few weeks time and if he runs out or breaks down in it that will be divorce for sure(will let you no nearer the time what it is if it actually happens)
sounds good, i'd stick a post it on the steering wheel saying fill me
What's a petrol pump?
meant ems OH keeps running out of petrol
(02-08-2011, 19:57)CurvaceousKate Wrote: What's a petrol pump?

AHH bless you kate I will educate you on the workings of petrol station and more importantly petrol pumps they can be quite useful things when it comes to driving now dare I ask are you petrol or diesel