Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

rip off garages
Or them drapped around a tool set.
Kate, I had a fuse go on my poor baby and I got one from Halfords. They fitted it for me as well - can't remember if the fitting was free or not, but would have been dirt cheap.
Ax
what are your wipers doing exactly kate? if its an intermittent fault then it wont be the fuse. what type of car is it also? pm if you prefer
Robert is right there Kate - I have a similar problem with my car - it has done it for 4 years now. For mine, they suddenly stop working. I have to switch them off, leave it for about a minute, and then switch back on and all works again. It does this randomly so there is no pattern. I probably need a new wiper control arm on the sterring column but that is a pain, or it might be the sender unit. Knowing my luck, I will get it fixed and the car will fall apart - it isnt the youngest!
Mine don't work on the first setting, but now and again it will swipe across once out of the blue. The 2nd and 3rd settings work fine (windscreen wipers that is). That is how I have managed to get away with it for so long, as I'm fine in a down pour.

The odometer is definitely not working. If I can get hold of a diagram showing the layout of the fuses and what does what, I would be fine. I have also noticed that a lot of the fuse holdings are empty. Should there be a fuse in every section or is that how it should be?
no there will be some that dont work. kate this might sound dtupid but a lot of cars have speed settings for intermittent speed. check you havent moved it to the longest delay. it will be on the lever for the wipers
wipers can be down to a fuse as i had that with my evo but the guys who looked after the cars at the track changed the fuses then there wasnt a problem

as the garage said i needed a motor
Robert has got me the correct diagram for my vehicle so I'll try changing the fuse, although I couldn't find one that looked broken yesterday, at least I'll be taking out the right fuse this time.
Good luck
its not until u have a mate who is excellent at sorting cars goes on holiday, then its sods law that something happens
I know the feeling Lolo - mind you these days I open the bonnet, curse and close it again! Gone are the days when I could take everything apart, fix it and put it all back together again.

Dont quite see the demand for someone who can strip down a Mk IV/V Cortina, fix and repair whats needed and put back together again in a day any more!