Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

rip off garages
Well that's my security blanket pulled from under my feet then. Mind you, I have a label on the inside of the little door that says 'diesel' in big red letters and reminds me. Imagine Homer Simpson for a second and you will see my brain computing, diesel, black nozzle, diesel, black nozzle and I pick up the right one. lol.
(09-08-2011, 04:39)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Well that's my security blanket pulled from under my feet then. Mind you, I have a label on the inside of the little door that says 'diesel' in big red letters and reminds me. Imagine Homer Simpson for a second and you will see my brain computing, diesel, black nozzle, diesel, black nozzle and I pick up the right one. lol.

That is amusing Kate, when I used to have a van I never filled the car and van up at the same petrol station as one was diesel and the other was petrol. ESSO or Sainsburys for diesel, Tescos or Shell for petrol. That was before there was all these different shaped nozzles for fuel.
If you have a fuel sensative tank you still cannot put the wrong fuel in as there is something inside the pump that means you cannot put the smaller nozzle in the bigger filler
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

So far I've not put it to the test and I've had this vehicle for over 3 years now, so it's only likely to happen if I move over to unleaded and forget that way now.
(09-08-2011, 08:37)CurvaceousKate Wrote: So far I've not put it to the test and I've had this vehicle for over 3 years now, so it's only likely to happen if I move over to unleaded and forget that way now.

Or they change the colours of the nozzles

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Sometimes it does depend on the car - if its a Jag its going to be expensive as the parts are dealer only! Most top notch cars are like that - My dad is a mechanic, so im kind of lucky as all work done on my car is at trade price! and yes my car is a bloody pain lol
I have a Alfa 156 2litre TSpark - had the gearbox done a couple of months back - Trade £300 Actual mark up price would have been £600 - £700 - mind you the gearboxes on Alfas are a b*****d to do! it took 1.5 days to do it!
I had another Alfa a couple of years back - that one had a selespeed gearbox (a nightmare) cam belt went and cost £1500 trade price!

One thing that pisses me off the most is bloody road tax - the Alfa is £148 every six months - cheeky government put it down to 'emissions' - i say bullshit - Some of the new Jags are ZERO emissions yet you still have to pay £400-£500 road tax!

Keep it hard and Horny
Phoenix. XXX

"I have the uncanny ability to be reborn from ashes, Destroy me, I will be risen. Burn me, I was made of fire"
http://www.adultwork.com/Pho3nix
road tax is a pain in the bloody butt even more so cause of the crap roads
(04-08-2011, 14:15)CurvaceousKate Wrote: There was a point when pure veg oil was a lot cheaper than diesel, but the problem with veg oil is that it changes in density depending on the weather and can not be used in the winter as it gets too thick and can become very thin if it is very hot. It is suggested that you never use 100% veg oil if you do use it, but always keep at least a third of the tank with diesel, although actually the vehicle performs very well with oil, as it is a great lubricant as well.

It slowly knacks the engine up - so what you save in fuel you will have to pay out in a new engine!

Keep it hard and Horny
Phoenix. XXX

"I have the uncanny ability to be reborn from ashes, Destroy me, I will be risen. Burn me, I was made of fire"
http://www.adultwork.com/Pho3nix