Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

DC percentage
I've had a few wines and I have dyscalculia, so I still don't get it. Admin's post to me was " Two CentsSpammerCoolCoolBananaAngryConfusedExclamationHuh"

:p
(04-01-2013, 23:35)Mistress_Babalon Wrote: I've had a few wines and I have dyscalculia, so I still don't get it. Admin's post to me was " Two CentsSpammerCoolCoolBananaAngryConfusedExclamationHuh"

Better put hon, the mobile phone networks take a different percentage per premium rate call made by the service seeker. So Orange might take a lower percentage than say O2. It just depends on the network provider of the person calling us.

WTF!!! WHY are some of us being charged more????

Mine is at £1,99 and there's no way I'm putting it down. Such a rip off. Though when you think other uk "phone sex" companies pay 6 - 18p per min I guess it's not too bad..
% difference is due to the rates you charge, as directchat has a set rate eg 0.15 the higher you charge the less % you get charged yourself. The lower you charge the higher % gets taken.

1.99 per min is charged at 8% rate so you have one of the lowest % around.

Someone who charges 1 credit per min would be charged 15% rate.

You would need to charge 3 credits per minute to have the % at 5%.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to admin for this post:
  • xKitty
(05-01-2013, 08:06)Admin Wrote: % difference is due to the rates you charge, as directchat has a set rate eg 0.15 the higher you charge the less % you get charged yourself. The lower you charge the higher % gets taken.

How did you work this out and where is this shown in the AW TOS? How can the percentage be both set rate and flexible?

Where has the 0.15p come from?
(04-01-2013, 23:39)Ana_X Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 23:35)Mistress_Babalon Wrote: I've had a few wines and I have dyscalculia, so I still don't get it. Admin's post to me was " Two CentsSpammerCoolCoolBananaAngryConfusedExclamationHuh"

Better put hon, the mobile phone networks take a different percentage per premium rate call made by the service seeker. So Orange might take a lower percentage than say O2. It just depends on the network provider of the person calling us.

Forget what I said here Mistress Babalon, seems I was talking mince and AW just make it up as they go along with the chat fees.
Hi, from the help guide that I posted above

"The telecoms facilitator of this service has imposed an charge of 0.15 credits per minute, (billed per second) that is automatically deducted from the service provider at the end of the call."

The numbers match if you calculate it.

Dirctchat isnt percentage based.

adultworkbanner4
(05-01-2013, 12:42)Admin Wrote: Hi, from the help guide that I posted above

"The telecoms facilitator of this service has imposed an charge of 0.15 credits per minute, (billed per second) that is automatically deducted from the service provider at the end of the call."

The numbers match if you calculate it.

Dirctchat isnt percentage based.

But previously:

(05-01-2013, 08:06)Admin Wrote: % difference is due to the rates you charge, as directchat has a set rate eg 0.15 the higher you charge the less % you get charged yourself. The lower you charge the higher % gets taken.

You're confusing me, admin! :p

I think I've finally figured out what you're saying though.

No matter what your prices are for direct chat, there is NO higher/lesser percentage taken - you're just working it out like that.

Everyone gets 15p per minute taken from their direct chat earnings, whatever price they charge.

At £1 per minute - minus 15p fixed rate telecoms fees (which you were calling 15%) = 75p earned (but not excluding shared revenue scheme of 30%).

So in essence nobody is being charged more or less. Everybody has 15p taken off every minute they're on a chat PLUS the Adultwork 30% shared revenue program.

PHEW!

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ana_X for this post:
  • xKitty
Hi, yip thats right, its not % based but when it goes through the AW system you can work out in % how much you were charged. Im not the best at explaining things sorry Smile

Everyone is charged the same as its a fixed number but the % rate will change depending on how much your charging on the account so its rare to find the same % charge on two accounts (unless the two accounts charge the same and the duration of their call was the exact same to the second).

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to admin for this post:
  • xKitty
Processed an account today with 3% rate for directchat, anyone fancy trying to beat that? Smile

adultworkbanner4