Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Photography Thread
(12-09-2011, 06:50)lolo Wrote: do u all use memory cards with your cameras

It's pretty standard to have them, plus it makes transferring pics to your computer a lot quicker and easier. Your manual should tell you which one you need and you can buy them very cheap on ebay.
Well before I bought a clicker I managed to master the art of setting the 10 second timer and running, actually more like crawling very fast in 8 inch heels to required spot Smile I now use a Nikon, do not ask me what it is I am but a woman and only bought what was suggested to me.
I used to be snow white but drifted...

(12-09-2011, 12:22)curvy crumpet Wrote: Well before I bought a clicker I managed to master the art of setting the 10 second timer and running, actually more like crawling very fast in 8 inch heels to required spot Smile I now use a Nikon, do not ask me what it is I am but a woman and only bought what was suggested to me.

Is the clicker specifically for your Nikon?
I need to find a manual for my clicker. It seems to do it's own thing and the battery wears out from one use to the next, so I don't think I'm turning it off properly. It's very hit and miss at taking pics too and I usually have a state of surprise or shock on my face when it does take the pic, as I'm convinced it won't. I've got back to the 10 second timer out of lack of batteries and frustration.
have to look for a clicker thing too that sounds much easier
(15-09-2011, 22:40)CurvaceousKate Wrote: I need to find a manual for my clicker. It seems to do it's own thing and the battery wears out from one use to the next, so I don't think I'm turning it off properly. It's very hit and miss at taking pics too and I usually have a state of surprise or shock on my face when it does take the pic, as I'm convinced it won't. I've got back to the 10 second timer out of lack of batteries and frustration.

It depends how long you have had the camera. Batteries don't have an infinite life. I've got four batteries for my decent camera and they're always dying. Usually when you least need it to. A decent camera phone is just as good these days.
I just want to have fun Tongue
(17-09-2011, 22:45)Poshprat Wrote:
(15-09-2011, 22:40)CurvaceousKate Wrote: I need to find a manual for my clicker. It seems to do it's own thing and the battery wears out from one use to the next, so I don't think I'm turning it off properly. It's very hit and miss at taking pics too and I usually have a state of surprise or shock on my face when it does take the pic, as I'm convinced it won't. I've got back to the 10 second timer out of lack of batteries and frustration.

It depends how long you have had the camera. Batteries don't have an infinite life. I've got four batteries for my decent camera and they're always dying. Usually when you least need it to. A decent camera phone is just as good these days.

The clicker is seperate to the camera. It has those flat round batteries, one in the reciever and one in the clicker bit. There are 3 positions on one side of the clicker and 2 on the other I think it is. The red light flashes and when it goes green on the reciever it takes the picture. I don't know if it has an on/off switch or not and don't really understand how it works.
(17-09-2011, 22:51)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(17-09-2011, 22:45)Poshprat Wrote:

Ah now I understand - I thought clicker was slang for the camera. It sounds like you need to change the little flat batteries. If you don't use it that often, it might be a good idea to take the batteries out between uses. I don't think those devices have an on / off that's why when they are new they have a little sliver of plastic to break the contact and prevent the battery discharging. In fact you might be able to shove a sliver of plastic in between the contacts, rather than remove the batteries every time.
The clicker is seperate to the camera. It has those flat round batteries, one in the reciever and one in the clicker bit. There are 3 positions on one side of the clicker and 2 on the other I think it is. The red light flashes and when it goes green on the reciever it takes the picture. I don't know if it has an on/off switch or not and don't really understand how it works.

You are probably right and if it didn't involve finding one of those tiny screw drivers to open up the back I probably would do it, but I always have that thought of, 'I'll do it in a minute' and that minute never comes. You know how it is.
(17-09-2011, 23:09)CurvaceousKate Wrote: You are probably right and if it didn't involve finding one of those tiny screw drivers to open up the back I probably would do it, but I always have that thought of, 'I'll do it in a minute' and that minute never comes. You know how it is.

Best to stick with the 10 second timer then, at least the battery doesn't run down on that. Old fashioned analogue cameras used to have a thread in the shutter button and you could attach a long cable to it with a plunger which you pressed when you wanted the shutter to fire.