Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

relocating with a job
cut the days down to 3 but more than doubled his wages, he has a lunchtime meeting with one of those employment lawyers tomorrow, he was working for their sister company while he was in dubai

the contract said then short notice relocation only if it were more than 1000 miles though
I think he has a good case, employers cannot expect you to re locate with only 48 hours notice
I think you have to have at least a month
There must be a relocation package that should be a substantial amount for the distance they expect him to move

Fareham is miles away from where you are now.
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

There is also the chance that they could just make him redundant and with only a month employment he would be lucky to get bus fare home

Sarah
what he doesnt want to happen which happens in dubai is sometimes the arguments between the contractors & owners & they are left sitting on site with nothing to do until the differences are sorted out

iv told him countless times to look at going into business for himself
(25-07-2011, 23:52)lolo Wrote: what he doesnt want to happen which happens in dubai is sometimes the arguments between the contractors & owners & they are left sitting on site with nothing to do until the differences are sorted out

iv told him countless times to look at going into business for himself

That might be the best idea yet, there is a shortage of younger tradesman
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

In general term they cannot do this, however, if the money is good then he ought to think seriously about it.

Fareham is a small market town which has a high standard of living and has a high level of high tech manufacturing employers in the aerospace industry.

It is sandwiched with Portsmouth to the East (good night out with decent restaurants, theatre, live music plus the days of being full of sailors are long gone) Southampton to the West (lots of civil maritime jobs) Gosport to the South and the South Downs National Park to the North.

It is a decent place to be, one of the cheaper bits of the South with lots to do.
Now you're tempting me Jh.
i'll see what he decides moving for work doesnt bother him as long as he is constantly busy, it was the timeframe they gave him
after being at the lawyer the have decided to give him a weeks notice, pay his flights up & down then pay for his hotel while he is down there for the 3 days a week
(27-07-2011, 06:44)lolo Wrote: after being at the lawyer the have decided to give him a weeks notice, pay his flights up & down then pay for his hotel while he is down there for the 3 days a week

Thats a pretty good turnaround from the company - well done for sticking at it Big Grin