Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Garter belts or Girdles?
In America they talk about 'seler' (over the shoulder) as suspenders, in the UK we call them braces.

There is an expression in English 'Belt and braces' that means you are being very cautious ie. I had a belt and braces approach to becoming pregnant, I used contraceptive pills and condoms.

Dental braces (also known as braces) are also used to put around peoples teeth to pull them straight!

Don't you love the English language!
We have that same expression, Shy, and even with the same meaning. Big Grin

Han går både med livrem og seler - he wears both belt and hmmm... braces.

(Dental) braces is called 'Bøjle' - which is also the word for a coat-hanger. Smile

(And hair accessories like in English.)
-

One must not lose desires. They are mighty stimulants to creativeness, to love and to long life.

Alexander A. Bogomoletz

[Image: 468x60_ginafaith_gif1eng.gif]
That awful American English says Belt and Suspenders - but I'm sure you prefer the Queen's English like most right headed people in the world. (Sorry Melinda!)

I love that braces hold your teeth in shape, just as coat hangers do!

I've found a poem for you that will help with proper English (rather than American English) pronunciation. I'll try and find an audio file of it for you and get a link for them!
Ax