Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

CHARGES
No, those of us who charge high rates are going to suffer the most. Those of you who were always cheaper now have room to raise your prices accordingly.
I've had a look at my credits statement, it looks like AW charge the vat then pass on the without vat amount.

Now even I'll admit that is a double whammy because to withdraw there's another charge + VAT....so we are ending up with much less.

I don't withdraw credits and only ever recycle them back into advertising, but even so I'm then going to be paying the higher phone number display, featuring or whatever charge. So it's costing everyone more.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

So there actually charging guys MORE than what they have incresed our prices by? Why?!
(02-10-2015, 08:57)laura20 Wrote: So there actually charging guys MORE than what they have incresed our prices by? Why?!

They've added the VAT on.

For example my PG is £1

Add VAT at 20% = £1.20 which is what they are charging the guys.

I get £1.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

I don't think there's anything dodgy and untoward going on......they're simply complying with the law. If you went to Curry's today to buy a tv for £1000 but decided not to and go back tomorrow and its £1200 you'd be pretty pissed off but yesterday they weren't complying legally and today they are. VAT is charged to everyone. So, said TV for example.....the manufacturer pays vat on the components, the Distributor pays vat on the TV, the wholesaler pays vat, the retailer pays vat, the consumer pays vat.

The difference with AW is that they have both service users and service providers so they have to reclaim vat from both sides.
View My Adultwork Profile here. 
Twitter: @LolaLuxx1

"Flirting is a woman’s trade, one must keep in practice"

No it's very dodgy - they haven't provided a VAT number so they could be committing fraud. They are also allowing the guys to see a 40% higher price than what we have set when they click group or private. They are charging cat on items which should not attract vat (galleries, Skype shows etc).
Exactly! Katie is spot on here..hmmmmm :/
Hi,
Have just been reading about recent changes Re: Supplying digital services to private consumers via GOV.UK and it say's -

Digital portals, platforms, gateways and marketplaces

If you supply e-services to consumers through an internet portal, gateway or marketplace, you need to determine whether you are making the supply to the consumer or to the platform operator. If the platform operator identifies you as the seller but sets the general terms and conditions, or authorises payment, or handles delivery/download of the digital service, the platform is considered to be supplying the consumer. They are therefore responsible for accounting for the VAT payment that is charged to the consumer.

So yes AW are just complying....Edit - Dodgy or not, there's nothing we can do about it, apart from thinking of ways to continue making enough live on....

I would also like to reiterate what Katie said to providers DO NOT lower your prices.... I noticed some of UK girls have reduced their rates even further than they were previously charging, lets say for example: previously charged 1.50 grp, AW then adjusted to 1.80, then the girls have again reduced to 1.45.....give customers a while to get used to the higher prices, but, if you do choose to lower your price then do LESS for it, otherwise we'll all end up flaunting our flange on Wank-ErBay!.
lmao--i never do anything in group anyway except talk...n only in pvt after say five or ten minutes xxx
(02-10-2015, 13:47)laura20 Wrote: lmao--i never do anything in group anyway except talk...n only in pvt after say five or ten minutes xxx

.... I can talk the leg off a hind Donkey but I ain't that good : )