Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Notice: Rule change on Nudity in freechat
(23-11-2012, 17:47)Trinity-Belle Wrote: Would be interesting to hear from KDB and to get an objective view from Admin on this, being as they are both heavily invested in cam girls...

I am more than happy to chuck in my opinion which is nothing that has already been said. Angel

I think it's a terrible idea and only encourages freeloaders who give nothing but hassle. They will be even more prevalent and hanging out for a sneak peek of nippage at someone else's expense.

We have all seen the decline of SM who have actively encouraged the freeview tipping culture, which AW has stayed away from until now.

AW know of my feelings towards this & I am aghast at such a move, albeit like you in principle as I do not offer free view.
According to aw's most recent reply they have only had 3 girls complain about this so far! Come ON girls.. Email aw and tell them what a terrible idea this is!!
(24-11-2012, 14:23)xKatieBabyx Wrote: According to aw's most recent reply they have only had 3 girls complain about this so far! Come ON girls.. Email aw and tell them what a terrible idea this is!!

Absolutely agreed. Thanks for the reminder - just sent another message to AW (now on Twitter if anyone was interested in my reasoning)
On a plus side...AW has such terrible advertising the freeloaders may not find us.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
I've just emailed them to complain about changes to nudity rules in free.
I just sent this:

Dear Adultwork,

I'm writing to express my concerns regarding the rule change that allows girls to 'flash' in free chat for tips.

I believe this will encourage an unwanted culture of freeloaders, which will only serve to make the experience of free chat deeply unpleasant for webcammers, for the following reasons:

-People with expect to see everything in free chat. And if the performer isn't willing to comply, I believe they are more likely to experience abusive comments.

-If a tip is given in free chat, the performer will be expected to 'flash', not just to the tipper, but anyone else who happens to be in free. The reason I chose to webcam on adultwork was because I don't want to perform for anyone unless they are a paying customer. I believe that this sets you apart from other webcam sites, and attracts a more desirable clientele. I believe that this feature will only encourage 'customers' who have no intention of actually contributing to adultwork.

-A 'no nude' rule is simple to understand. A 'some flashing is ok' rule can be interpreted in different ways. Some performers might consider a 'flash' to be a quick flash of underwear; others might interpret it as a 'flash' of toy insertions. Likewise, the customer will have different ideas of what this means. For this reason, I believe the new rule is detrimental to the safety and well being of performers, but also adultwork itself: I believe it will attract an increasing amount of the WRONG type of 'customer'. E.g., one who buys no or very little credits from the site, and expects to see stuff for free

-From a personal point of view, this feature puts me off of using free chat, for the reasons listed above, but also because the idea of asking for tips makes me feel uncomfortable. If the customer decides to tip, then that's great, but now, in order to compete with other performers, people will feel obliged to beg for tips in free, evening if it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Thanks for your time,

Heidi.
[Image: 7997.jpg]
(24-11-2012, 14:23)xKatieBabyx Wrote: According to aw's most recent reply they have only had 3 girls complain about this so far! Come ON girls.. Email aw and tell them what a terrible idea this is!!

Mine has been sent
I'm confused... just went onto a performer's free chat, and although there was the option to tip, there was still the same statement regarding nudity :/
Who do we email? What address?
(24-11-2012, 16:13)beauvoir Wrote: Who do we email? What address?

I just emailed via the help centre x