Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aw changing my movie clips from avi to x-msvideo when uploading
im having issues with uploading movie clips.

since yesterday, when i upload an avi, its gets uploaded as an x-msvideo which is double the file size of an avi...and makes me charge double the price.

ive contacted admin on twitter and they replied 'avis are double the size, upload wmv for optimal pricing'.... huh? on the minimum pricing critera page it states, avis are .5 per mb, all other formats are .10 per mb.. so clearly the admin i spoke to doesnt know the correct prices.

is anyone elses avis being converted to x-msvideo when they upload? and can anyone shed any light on why this has been happening over the last 24hrs? and any ideas when the fault will be sorted?

thanks xx
I wonder if there areproblems with AW

I have repeatedly failed to upload MP4 format clips but then discovered an app to convert them to AVI format

I converted all my clips and successfully uploaded them and this was after midnight today, so AW were def accepting AVI format.

Odd !
I just tested this by uploading an AVI format instead of a WMV format. AVI cannot be streamed in the browser whereas WMV can. I think customers can download AVI format videos.
and this is where I get lost ! The vocabulary for technological things is a foreign language to me.

I am sure I will go on to pick up stuff through this forum though- it s cerftainly sorted out recent movie upload problems

Thanks all
strange.....most of my clips are MP4 and work great , others when I use a webcam are in wmv file and both upload okay and work , are AW preferring clips to be in AVI format now then ?

kisses country-gal xxxxxxxxxx
This is a common thing where AVI turns into x-msvideo when you upload it to AW, it depends on what plugins your converting software is using or something like that. Try using a different programme to convert it and see if that makes any difference.

AW directed me to this help centre article last time I asked.....not really that much help but have a read if you want.... http://www.adultwork.com/LKBA.asp?A=47

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  server eror when i try to upload movie clips or thumnails AmaizingPussy 18 23,581 28-02-2018, 13:26
Last Post: Ms Dee
  Movie clips - can I post them to other sites? sultryshelley 2 5,292 22-03-2017, 00:55
Last Post: sultryshelley
Video Uploading video clips to AW TVlovesHugeCocks 4 8,496 29-08-2016, 13:38
Last Post: TVlovesHugeCocks
  uploading movie clips country-gal 6 11,447 18-10-2015, 23:23
Last Post: oneandonlyMrsJones
  Movie clips automatic pricing JasonWildeXXX 6 12,347 18-10-2015, 23:21
Last Post: oneandonlyMrsJones