Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

What do you really think of the Forum & the people in it?
Hear hear to the last two posts - Freddo, we were told you were on holiday and I am sure we all hope you had a good one. Glad to see you are back. I hung back in the background for a while but am back posting again. It can be quite healthy to take a back seat for a while just to see the world go by. Can be mighty interesting too sometimes.
Whoops BlushBlushBlushBlush
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(27-11-2011, 23:52)Hicky Wrote: For heavens sake heather we are British so of course we don't say what we really feel about others. What sort of anarchy would we have if we did.

Just as in real life we make assumptions about people on line often without the faintest shred of evidence or the slightest link to reality but i suppose that is human nature and I am not difernet to others in doing this. Sometimes those assumptions end up being challenged but more often than not we stick with them. But am I going to share the assumptions I make - not on your nelly!

in real life i dont give a toss if i dont like someone i tell them straight so they dont ever try to annoy me again by trying to communicate in any form

it can actually be hard sometimes to be diplomatic on the forum when u really wanna say get a fucking grip
(30-11-2011, 00:58)lolo Wrote:
(27-11-2011, 23:52)Hicky Wrote: For heavens sake heather we are British so of course we don't say what we really feel about others. What sort of anarchy would we have if we did.

Just as in real life we make assumptions about people on line often without the faintest shred of evidence or the slightest link to reality but i suppose that is human nature and I am not difernet to others in doing this. Sometimes those assumptions end up being challenged but more often than not we stick with them. But am I going to share the assumptions I make - not on your nelly!

in real life i dont give a toss if i dont like someone i tell them straight so they dont ever try to annoy me again by trying to communicate in any form

it can actually be hard sometimes to be diplomatic on the forum when u really wanna say get a fucking grip

I'd love to see you do that, mainly because I'd like to do the same thing sometimes.
As with all forums (or should that be fora) it's great to hear from people with the same interests as you. In the case of this forum, we actually get the chance to hear from and put our views on both sides of the sex industry fence. What I really like is being able to discuss subjects which, in some parts of our society, are considered taboo and to hear other people's thoughts on them. I also love Heather's, often controversial, inputs - I'm so glad she's still with us! Yes, some contributors are a bit full of themselves but, hey, we all have our own opinions. So let's keep them coming. I agree with the comments about the privacy issue - if people can't be up front and commit themselves by registering then they should be limited on access.
I've been thinking about how to answer this question for a while now...

Frankly, I don't really have thoughts of the 'people' on this forum... 'People' meaning the people behind the posts... Because I don't know them... So who am I to judge?

I like the forum (clearly, as I sometimes spend more time here typing than actually out working!) - and I find that even if opinions differ, there is generally an air of respect surrounding the discussions that ensue - bar the odd occasion.

AWF is an important outlet for me as only one other person I am close to knows I am working (my fiancee) - so I come here to sound things out and get opinions, for general chit chat, or just to have a bit of a rant - because I can't do any of that with my housemates...

No one has really pissed me off to a point that I think about what they say when I am away from my computer... But I have had a good giggle even days after reading some posts... The positive tends to stick with me more than the negative which is a fine thing!! Smile