Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Are you geographically challenged?
(28-11-2011, 22:39)Nick Meanswell Wrote:
(25-11-2011, 23:15)CurvaceousKate Wrote: In some ways I think it is nice that some people are happy with their lives and content with the place they grew up in. Yes the world is a small place these days, but with that comes difficulties, ie you continually have to make new friendships and relationships, ppl become anonymous and can get away with murder, as they just move on leaving devistation behind them.

You and I may enjoy experiencing the world and what it has to offer and always crave to learn that little bit more, but that does not make us right.

Does it really matter if what is important to you, is not important to someone else who is happy in their own world?

As usual Kate, you have put me firmly in my place! What is important to me isn't necessarily important to others. I still think it's a bit sad to not have any curiosity about places which are within reach. Even if you don't actually go there.

I do have my limits - I have no desire to go into space. I can't really comprehend life elsewhere than on this planet, and I suppose everyone's boundaries are limited by their knowledge and experience.

Thanks for grounding me again!!

It is interesting what you wrote Kate/Nick. It made me smile because after some months abroad years ago, and many new experiences on returning home I was filled with a wanderlust that left me very unsettled and craving new sights/experiences and cultures.

I actually used to envy people, who had not experienced travelling and the 'wonders of this world' simply because they were content and happy with their lot. What you've never experienced you cannot miss. This can be said about quite a few things Wink

I can be accused of not wanting to go beyond the horizon - by that I mean that, although I am happy to travel around England, I very rarely go to 'somewhere new'. My OH despairs with me over that - and is always trying to get me to go to new places. It works sometimes but not always. I reckon I just might be a little boring (shock horror!!). I have to confess I have no real desire to go abroad most of the time but occasionally there is a spark. The recent programme 'Little England' certainly has inspired me to go to the Dordoygne next year just to see what the fuss is all about - so much so that I have even renewed my passport (it ran out years ago!)

I dont think I could be the globe trotter that some people are. Mind you, it would be nice to take a yacht around the Med in the future (once we have upgraded from what we have at present that is) Big Grin