Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

CODMW3 Love it or Hate it?
(08-11-2011, 22:19)Laudanum Wrote: I much prefer books.

Me too. I bought 4 more books just the other day, but am already reading the Chronicles of Stephen Fry.
I used to play MOHAA in the good old days but dont have the time now. Also it is an old game. To be able to play the modern games, I need a decent computer with a really good graphics card. Oh and an extra half day in each day for the time to play! Instead I too have rekindled an old hobby, that of reading books. Mind you, I collect them and currently have a library of some 2,000+! When I have the time, I will read and can destroy a 300 page book in an evening if left alone!

At least I have taken care of my retirement - will take a wee while to read them all.
Hi Monty,
I have to keep pruning my Library, otherwise my house will explode!
But then you go "where did I read that?" or " I fancy reading so and so" and you ain't got it anymore, can be a right pain. So I have started collecting e-books. I can read them on my computer or on my phone anywhere and at least it is all tidy!
[Image: 907Digger.png]
Just here for the Banter!
(09-11-2011, 09:50)digger1967a Wrote: Hi Monty,
But then you go "where did I read that?" or " I fancy reading so and so" and you ain't got it anymore, can be a right pain. So I have started collecting e-books. I can read them on my computer or on my phone anywhere and at least it is all tidy!

My ex forced me to sell 2 suitcases full of books when we got married. I cried. He got £30 for them. I never give books away now or lend them out.
(09-11-2011, 10:04)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 09:50)digger1967a Wrote: Hi Monty,

My ex forced me to sell 2 suitcases full of books when we got married. I cried. He got £30 for them. I never give books away now or lend them out.

That is criminal Kate - I am fortunate in that my OH is as keen on books as me! Sorry to say this but it does show he must have been somewhat ignorant as I would never say to someone to sell books (unless it was to make room for more!!)
I have always loved reading, it's even better now that I can carry a couple of hundred books around all the time on my iPhone

(09-11-2011, 12:36)MrSmith767 Wrote: I have always loved reading, it's even better now that I can carry a couple of hundred books around all the time on my iPhone

I'd love a kindle, but can't justify buying one as yet.

I'm not sure about ignorant Monty, more to do with being a 'selfish ba****d' I think who put no value on my life or possessions.
(09-11-2011, 13:21)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 12:36)MrSmith767 Wrote: I have always loved reading, it's even better now that I can carry a couple of hundred books around all the time on my iPhone

I'm not sure about ignorant Monty, more to do with being a 'selfish ba****d' I think who put no value on my life or possessions.

I was trying to be polite but he certainly sounded like you describe. Clearly a man who feels that some people are more worthy than others and forgets his partner is his equal at the very least!
I live in a library, just about. Most of my books are still packed away though. I have stopped buying now as I have a couple of years worth of purchases to catch up on.
Two things I would never part with are my books and my LP's.
(09-11-2011, 13:41)monty69 Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 13:21)CurvaceousKate Wrote:

I was trying to be polite but he certainly sounded like you describe. Clearly a man who feels that some people are more worthy than others and forgets his partner is his equal at the very least!

I was never his equal. I was 7 years younger than him, a much lower rank and suffering from a brain virus when we got married. Weirdly, that's the way he liked it. He hated it when I became independent again.

Maybe there was more to the book thing than I had realised, maybe he didn't want me to use my brain again. It is ironic that we finally split up when I went to University. He hated it and tried to make me leave when we split up by stopping paying the mortgage, knowing I would find it difficult to pay it while looking after an infant and staying at Uni. Unfortunately for him I just took on 2 part time jobs and lived on pro plus for the next 3 years.

I'm one determined lady Monty Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you love/hate most about being a camgirl? YoungMumBellaRose 118 137,947 03-11-2016, 15:24
Last Post: Ms Dee
  Keith Lemmon love hi or hate him Emily of Halifax 8 12,757 08-05-2011, 08:46
Last Post: kenny m