Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Poundland
(02-11-2011, 08:57)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(02-11-2011, 08:39)Freddo Wrote: Sounds like you had a really rough time Kate
your alledged workmates stole your stuff I struggle to find words to describe people like that

The Army has never had any compassion for anyone

That is part of the problem. They were not my work mates, we just happened to live in the same block together. I got on fine enough with them, but they were not friends as much as acquainances. I remember doing my BFT with them and likely we chatted, but we didn't even share a kitchen, due to having a canteen on hand.

My ex had to pack up all my stuff and being a typical man wouldn't have noticed what was mine and what was missing, although there was a waterproof jacket I used to wear often when running which had orange panels on it. I'm surprised he didn't notice that was missing. It's a bit like stealing from the dead isn't it. I wonder if they ever felt guilty?

You would hope they did feel guilty but its doubtful.
They should be ashamed of themselves

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Kate, did you ever take any action? The MOD have lost lots of cases like this over the years, especially the ones where women were summarily discharged for getting married, or god forbid, pregnant.

I was in a coma for 6 weeks MrSmiths, it took me 2 years to use my brain again in what would be deemed to be a 'normal' way, so by the time I had fully gathered my thoughts together I had missed the boat somewhat.
(03-11-2011, 23:47)CurvaceousKate Wrote: I was in a coma for 6 weeks MrSmiths, it took me 2 years to use my brain again in what would be deemed to be a 'normal' way, so by the time I had fully gathered my thoughts together I had missed the boat somewhat.
It still might be worth a look into, a lot of those cases were resolved years after the event.

I left in the early 90's! Plus it would mean me having to remember details and I'm not good at that at the best of times.
Glad Poundland have changed their policy.

Kate, presumably you wouldn't need to remember too much, as the facts and your medical records speak for themselves. Is it worth talking to a legal eagle?
Ax
Oh, I thought he was talking about the stuff that was stolen, not about the fact that I was dismissed while still ill in hospital etc. Hmmm... I guess it might be worth a try, although I wouldn't have a clue who to put my case to.
(04-11-2011, 20:17)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Oh, I thought he was talking about the stuff that was stolen, not about the fact that I was dismissed while still ill in hospital etc. Hmmm... I guess it might be worth a try, although I wouldn't have a clue who to put my case to.

You could do a lot worse than go to the CAB and ask there if there is a Solicitor who has experience of dealing with the MOD and see if you can get one who will engage on a No Win, No Fee basis. You wont be out of pocket even if you win as your fees would be added to the claim. I agree with the others that you could well have a case and why should the MOD get away with it.
(05-11-2011, 11:17)monty69 Wrote:
(04-11-2011, 20:17)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Oh, I thought he was talking about the stuff that was stolen, not about the fact that I was dismissed while still ill in hospital etc. Hmmm... I guess it might be worth a try, although I wouldn't have a clue who to put my case to.

You could do a lot worse than go to the CAB and ask there if there is a Solicitor who has experience of dealing with the MOD and see if you can get one who will engage on a No Win, No Fee basis. You wont be out of pocket even if you win as your fees would be added to the claim. I agree with the others that you could well have a case and why should the MOD get away with it.

Gosh with that and PPI claims, I could see the year out with a bang. I've got a lot on this month, so I will give it some serious thought and perhaps do some research into the subject in December. Cheers for the motivation guys.
Good luck Kate

Getting back OT big round of applause to Glasgow Rangers for inviting servicemen and veterans on the pitch yesterday to promote remembrance day. Maybe some other football teams and organisations should take note!