Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Poundland
They should be ashamed

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/...py-policy/
Oh, dear what a whoopsie.
Mind you it must have been a slow news day too!
[Image: 907Digger.png]
Just here for the Banter!
Yeah I agree babe... Such idiocy.
Bastards.

Angry
It's not as bad as the army payroll people sending out letters to deceased in action soldiers parents asking to pay back money over payed.

I think that is disgusting and cost effective or not, should be absorbed by the government.
(01-11-2011, 23:23)CurvaceousKate Wrote: It's not as bad as the army payroll people sending out letters to deceased in action soldiers parents asking to pay back money over payed.

I think that is disgusting and cost effective or not, should be absorbed by the government.

Got to agree with that Kate, but since when has the MOD ever shown
a) common sense
b) compassion

They have in the past managed to send out eviction letters to widows before the husband is even buried to get a quarter back.

Requests for returns of overpayments have happened in the past, and everytime it happens they apologise, and say it will never happen again.... Then months later they do it again... I doubt they will ever learn.

They refused to apologies when it happened most recently and said that they were sorry it upset the parents, but would not apologies for reclaiming money that would be taken out of the estate.

compassion? They don't know the meaning of the word!

When I left the army I was was supposed to leave on marriage, but while I was still under their pay roll I got sick and was in a coma. They couldn't get rid of me quick enough and still dismissed me knowing full well that I might have been brain damaged or something like that and it happened while I was still with them, but they didn't give a toss. It sill makes me angry. Half of my belongings got stolen by the other girls in my block too. They probably thought I had no need for it where I was going. Bitches!
Sounds like you had a really rough time Kate
your alledged workmates stole your stuff I struggle to find words to describe people like that

The Army has never had any compassion for anyone
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(02-11-2011, 08:39)Freddo Wrote: Sounds like you had a really rough time Kate
your alledged workmates stole your stuff I struggle to find words to describe people like that

That is part of the problem. They were not my work mates, we just happened to live in the same block together. I got on fine enough with them, but they were not friends as much as acquainances. I remember doing my BFT with them and likely we chatted, but we didn't even share a kitchen, due to having a canteen on hand.

My ex had to pack up all my stuff and being a typical man wouldn't have noticed what was mine and what was missing, although there was a waterproof jacket I used to wear often when running which had orange panels on it. I'm surprised he didn't notice that was missing. It's a bit like stealing from the dead isn't it. I wonder if they ever felt guilty?
(02-11-2011, 08:57)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(02-11-2011, 08:39)Freddo Wrote: Sounds like you had a really rough time Kate

That is part of the problem. They were not my work mates, we just happened to live in the same block together. I got on fine enough with them, but they were not friends as much as acquainances. I remember doing my BFT with them and likely we chatted, but we didn't even share a kitchen, due to having a canteen on hand.

My ex had to pack up all my stuff and being a typical man wouldn't have noticed what was mine and what was missing, although there was a waterproof jacket I used to wear often when running which had orange panels on it. I'm surprised he didn't notice that was missing. It's a bit like stealing from the dead isn't it. I wonder if they ever felt guilty?

I doubt it Kate. It is rare to find a thief with a concience as, if they did have one, they wouldnt steal.