Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Food find of the day!
But LL, we were talking dips, not blow outs!
Appropriate accompaniments for our great British Dish is mushy peas, tartar sauce, salt and vinegar.
For Roast Dinners: Beef - must be horseradish sauce. Pork - apple sauce. Lamb - mint sauce or redcurrant jelly. Turkey - bread sauce and redcurrant jelly. Chicken - bit of gravy. Mmmmm.
(03-11-2011, 23:05)CurvaceousKate Wrote: I wanted to thank Tom for making me laugh, but it wouldn't let me. It seems the site is not amused lol.

I think that it's just worked for me. Have another try Kate.
Well if I was asked what my favourite food would be that I cant have at the moment, it would be............

................ Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pud, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots and a damn good gravy. My all time favourite food. For pudding, a nice bowl of blackberry and apple crumble with double cream (dont do custard) and that would leave me a very happy Monty! (would also leave a very fat Monty as well!)
Actually!!!!! lol. The title is 'food find of the day', so it's more about discovering new foods that you have never tried before and like. So no more talk of the known please, let's talk of things new, wonderful and exciting.

I reckon Ann knows of many that I have never tried with all her travel, so some recommendations are always going to be welcome, with a little description of what is in them.
I haven't got the requisite number of posts so I can't provide the link but if you google "Mr Vikkis" check out the hot tamarind chutney (also called tamarind chipotle), it's bloody lovely!

It doesn't look very appetising but it tastes delicious. It's got a smokey sweet and sour flavour with a slight hit of chilli. Use it as a relish in burgers or bacon sarnies, I also mix it with a little honey and use it as a glaze when cooking duck breast.

You can buy it mail order through the site or they list a few stockists throughout the country.
Today for lunch I had a Persian dish which was salmon with a tamarind and coriander sauce. It was yummy and the flat bread was so fresh out of the oven I almost burned my fingers! It's definitely a cafe in Newcastle I would return to, to discover their other daily specials!
(04-11-2011, 04:03)SassyAnn Wrote: But LL, we were talking dips, not blow outs!
Appropriate accompaniments for our great British Dish is mushy peas, tartar sauce, salt and vinegar.
For Roast Dinners: Beef - must be horseradish sauce. Pork - apple sauce. Lamb - mint sauce or redcurrant jelly. Turkey - bread sauce and redcurrant jelly. Chicken - bit of gravy. Mmmmm.

Oh I love my food ............ but all without accompaniments, defo no mushy peas, no tartar sauce.

Roast Beef takes absolutely gorg without horseradish sauce and lamb is beautiful without mint sauce or redcurrant jelly, no bread sauce or redcurrant jelly required for turky and chicken also tastes fine without dressing.

Must be a bit of a plain jane when it comes to food but the curry I had tonight was absolutely superlicious.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
(04-11-2011, 21:32)SassyAnn Wrote: Today for lunch I had a Persian dish which was salmon with a tamarind and coriander sauce. It was yummy and the flat bread was so fresh out of the oven I almost burned my fingers! It's definitely a cafe in Newcastle I would return to, to discover their other daily specials!

Sounds yummy Ann

(04-11-2011, 21:39)Lady_Lust_XXX Wrote:
(04-11-2011, 04:03)SassyAnn Wrote: But LL, we were talking dips, not blow outs!

Oh I love my food ............ but all without accompaniments, defo no mushy peas, no tartar sauce.

Roast Beef takes absolutely gorg without horseradish sauce and lamb is beautiful without mint sauce or redcurrant jelly, no bread sauce or redcurrant jelly required for turky and chicken also tastes fine without dressing.

Must be a bit of a plain jane when it comes to food but the curry I had tonight was absolutely superlicious.

I can't stand horseradish sauce or apple sauce or english mustard, yak!!!

I adore gravy!!!! I love bread sauce and mint sauce is yummy. You can keep your blackcurrent jelly, although I like sweet chilli cranberry with brie or sweet onion chutney with brie or cheese for that matter Big Grin
Sainsbury's Cheese Selection, Basics 320g - £2.75.
I found this great when I was touring. I'm not a huge cheese fan, but this is a little variety box with Cheddar (I think!), Red Leicester, Double Gloucester with Spring Onion & Chives and Wensleydale with Cranberries. There was enough there to keep my cheese board interesting, but without having any waste at the end of the stay.