Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Food find of the day!
My parents live in Spain and the doctors are very good at advising them on their diet, especially as one of them is diabetic. Anyway for breakfast my mum has the recommended slightly toasted bread with a fresh tomato rubbed over it (so all the pulp sinks into the bread) and a drizzle of olive oil. I like it when you rub garlic over the toast first, then add a bit of cheese on top - but not for breakfast!
^ some Spanish people eat several whole cloves of raw garlic between two slices of bread for brekkie... Ah well, keeps the vampires away I guess :p
Taken and adapted from the Dukan diet - Oat bran pancakes.

Oat bran is soluble fibre which for those of you who are not aware is much better for people who suffer with digestion problems, as it absorbs into the body where other fibre can not, which means you get the value from it without the irritant.

The original recipe asks you to use 0% fat creme Freiche, which is not always easy to find and as my local supermarket only had the weightwatchers low fat I decided to replace it with 0% greek yoghurt. You can also if you prefer use a whole egg, but this recipe does not.

Recipe

Combine 1 and a half tablespoons of oat bran with one egg white, 1 and half tablespoons of greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of sweetener.

Spray some 1cal oil into the pan, just enough to stop the pancake from sticking and pour the mixture into the pan. I make 2 small ones rather than one big one.

Leave it a couple of minutes to cook through. The top should be looking quite firm before turning and then leave for a further minute once turned to brown.

Then you have a lovely sweet breakfast, that is also great for your digestive system and very low in calories. Also the oatbran swells when it is inside your tummy to 3 times the volume, which keeps hunger at bay for quite some time. It served me well yesterday and I didn't want to eat again until 1pm, which is an hour later than normal. Well worth trying if you are trying to cut down a bit.