Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Protein Power...
Once you have eliminated all animal products sticking to your colon you will lose another few pounds.

I eat as much as possible as often as possible. Just none of the processed sort!

Seems to work without counting calories or restricting myself in quantity or quality.

No brainer!
Oh no meat, couldnt do that. I love my meat. White and red mmmmmmmmmmm !

Think I would rather be fat and happy than do without what I really enjoy eating.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
(28-10-2011, 11:13)monty69 Wrote: For my tuppence worth, I am on the weightwatchers diet plan which has suited me very well. I have lost 4 stone since Easter - just lately it is becoming harder to lose the weight mainly I think for two reasons - one is that I need to do more exercise to help lose further weight and the second being that the weather is changing and I do suffer from SAD syndrome which can be a bit of a downer when on a strict diet!

Yep I am a bit SAD... For those of you who don't know it's Seasonal Affective Disorder... Some people really do fall into a bit of depression in the winter months when the days are shorter, and pick up again during the sunnier times of the year...

Monty have you tried Vitamin D supplements, magnesium, and calcium for this? I find supplements work quite well... You can also undergo a course of phototherapy (or, shock horror go to a solarium)... As the light helps regulate melatonin levels which are very much related to serotonin and dopamine production/reuptake in the brain.

interesting stuff!
^ interesting tips about the SAD. I find cravings for sweet stuff go through the roof in winter. Good luck with your diet, it'll be good to hear how it's going

(28-10-2011, 11:13)monty69 Wrote: I have lost 4 stone since Easter

Blimey that's impressive, Monty69!
Yes... It's only just becoming recognised by the Psychological Societies as a legitimate disorder. Lots of work going into it now... Very interesting research happening... Would like to be in the Neurochemistry field one day but that means a PhD - another 4 years on top of the 6 I'm about to complete... Glutton for punishment, me.

Very well done Monty... Amazing stuff... You must feel incredible.

Thanks for the encouragement... I am having my final beer and carb fix this weekend and starting monday... Looking forward to seeing results! x
You could try vitamin D sublingual spray by Dr. Mercola as it will hit you quicker & gets into your system more effectively.
(29-10-2011, 15:29)DivineMissG Wrote: Yes... It's only just becoming recognised by the Psychological Societies as a legitimate disorder. Lots of work going into it now... Very interesting research happening... Would like to be in the Neurochemistry field one day but that means a PhD - another 4 years on top of the 6 I'm about to complete... Glutton for punishment, me.
All the best with your studies DMG, that's a courageous timescale to take on Cool
It has been a great experience losing the weight - just need to lose the last stone and a half and then I will be a Slim bastard he he!!

Thanks for the tips ref Vit D Gia and KDB, I will look into that. I dont think the solarium is an option (whatever next, a farmer using a solarium, god I would get some stick!!)

I also agree partially with what KDB says regarding processed foods and meat. I do avoid the really processed foods these days and, even if I dont lose any weight, I feel so much better as the aount of additives that go through my body are so much reduced. As for giving up meat, sorry but I like my meat and prefer a balanced diet. That said, I eat probably 25% of the red meat I used to and 50% of the white meat and feel great for it.
Gia, I've thanked you for your post.... but I've a snow flakes chance in hell of taking the advice!

I do need to stop smoking and lose weight - but have little to no motivation.
My Dad suffers from SAD, I'm wondering if I do too!
(04-11-2011, 06:20)SassyAnn Wrote: Gia, I've thanked you for your post.... but I've a snow flakes chance in hell of taking the advice!

I do need to stop smoking and lose weight - but have little to no motivation.
My Dad suffers from SAD, I'm wondering if I do too!

Ann it is a far more common problem than people might realise. It does depend on how severely someone suffers from it and I am probably quite a mild sufferer. I am already thinking of when the clocks go forward and the spring emergies from the cold winter. The smells of the countryside - grass growing, the perfume of the flowers, slurry spreading (oops, perhaps not to some ha ha!)

Funny I already feel happier Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Power!!! English Kate 17 19,641 08-08-2011, 16:55
Last Post: SassyAnn