Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Punt, Punters, and Punting!
Ha ha Lolo, nice one.

I always think of my liaisons as meets, nothing more, nothing less. Punter always seems out of place, as I used to think a punter was a customer for the betting world.
(15-09-2011, 12:20)lolo Wrote: fucktoys has a better ring to it

You have a few of those Lolo I bet Big Grin

[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

I'm pretty sure she does!

I must admit that when I first heard the word punter used in this context, I took an immediate dislike to it. It sounds too much like Chancer. For me I don't take chances, I do very careful research - however for those guys who don't particularly care where they stick their manhood Chancer probably is quite apt as they have a good chance of catching a bad experience. In which case I have little sympathy if they get ripped off.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
I just want to have fun Tongue
(15-09-2011, 06:38)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Sarah did say 'we' Ann, maybe she was talking about her OH wearing them? Well Sarah do we get to see him all dressed up?

Now there's an idea...

Not sure if ever actually wears them, but he has them in his battered old van. He seems to be more of the "Thinker" than an actual worker these days.

Also keeps threatening to re-visit the gym, but does not actually do it

Sarah
(14-09-2011, 22:06)Poshprat Wrote: I'm not sure that there is a direct connection between the boat type of punting. I think it more comes from the phrase "take a punt" as in have a go at a new experience, try something out, which if you think about it is a pretty apt description of Adult Work users.

I don't think it so apt for people like myself who do a lot more research before choosing a playmate. We ought to come up with a term for those of us for whom it is not a "punt" so much as carefully planned liaison. Any ideas guys and gals?

Either way it is a terribly masculine word... Which is okay for describing a 'punter' maybe... But I personally don't like the word... It's ugly and clumsy to me. But then, I also don't really like the word 'prostitute' or 'prossie'... Has so many negative connotations...
(18-10-2011, 23:14)DivineMissG Wrote:
(14-09-2011, 22:06)Poshprat Wrote: I'm not sure that there is a direct connection between the boat type of punting. I think it more comes from the phrase "take a punt" as in have a go at a new experience, try something out, which if you think about it is a pretty apt description of Adult Work users.

I don't think it so apt for people like myself who do a lot more research before choosing a playmate. We ought to come up with a term for those of us for whom it is not a "punt" so much as carefully planned liaison. Any ideas guys and gals?

Either way it is a terribly masculine word... Which is okay for describing a 'punter' maybe... But I personally don't like the word... It's ugly and clumsy to me. But then, I also don't really like the word 'prostitute' or 'prossie'... Has so many negative connotations...

But part of the difference is that the word "punter" also has other means unconnected with this biz. So those attending events (music and sport) are often referred to as punters as in particular are those who bet on sports. There is an implication from this betting that punters take risks and i tend to think many people translate that risk taking to those who meet women for paid assignations eg thats a risky business too. Can't say i have found anything risky about meeting women but it is an interesting thought that using the word punter maybe builds uncertainty and fear among some men which i do see reflected by negative attitudes to women from some males who use this industry.