Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SESTA/FOSTA and AdultWork.com
Oh I can see that there are much wider ramifications than are visible on the surface. And yes, it is very worrying. I can't see what can be done unless it's at a govenmental level, and that would need to include at the very least the entire EU (as it currently exists) and any other independant country who doesn't want their citizens spied upon.
Proof it is already happening (which it probably is) would help, but it would have to be irrefutable and come from a non-political/governmental well respected source. Those are bit thin on the ground as the Cambridge Analytica debacle has shown, and how many more of those are there out there - grabbing data and influencing the way we think? I don't know, but it's frightening.

Petitions are fine in principle, but the one you linked earlier is a US government run one (similar to the ones we have here) - anyone responding is handing them their details on a plate and just begging to be put on a "watch list". I'm not overly surprised that the 100K "signatures" hasn't yet been reached. How many sex workers (just to get back on topic-ish Wink) are there in the UK, EU and NA combined? More than 100K I'd wager, so why so few respondents?

Too many questions and not enough answers, as is often the case - I'll be watching this thread (and any others I find) with interest - thanks for all the info and a certain amount of eye-opening Smile

Messages In This Thread
SESTA/FOSTA and AdultWork.com - by admin - 17-04-2018, 12:54
RE: SESTA/FOSTA and AdultWork.com - by admin - 17-04-2018, 13:17
RE: SESTA/FOSTA and AdultWork.com - by admin - 17-04-2018, 16:54
RE: SESTA/FOSTA and AdultWork.com - by Likes-Big-Girls - 19-04-2018, 20:00