Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Sunday roasts R us...
think ann might mean a roast dinner as well
Lolo, you read my mind! Roast dinner, crumble and me..... made for each other.
followed by a brandy snifter ?
(17-07-2011, 21:07)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(17-07-2011, 21:02)jayzee77 Wrote:
(17-07-2011, 20:29)CurvaceousKate Wrote: we had roast beef with yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, mashed squash, asparagus, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets, carrots julienne and lashings of gravy and I wonder why I've been putting weight on!

Blimey can we come to yours for lunch! DrC did a lovely roast, with roast spud, carrots, Even got crackling!

I need a fail safe method of getting crackling. I've seen it done on telly, but I keep forgetting the methods and end up just bunging it in the oven.

I use lots of sea salt rubbed into it all cracks and all!, then put in the oven for 40 mins 220 degrees then 200 deg for the rest of the time and touch wood seem to get crack teeth crunching crackling!Big Grin lovelyTongue
Give it a try.
Well one of the things on offer at the weekend was a lovely spit roast - yum yum! I like that sort of roast.
i bet u do monty
(19-07-2011, 13:06)lolo Wrote: i bet u do monty

Well, dont you???? Big Grin
(19-07-2011, 14:46)monty69 Wrote:
(19-07-2011, 13:06)lolo Wrote: i bet u do monty

Well, dont you???? Big Grin

oh but of course Big GrinWink
(19-07-2011, 12:51)monty69 Wrote: Well one of the things on offer at the weekend was a lovely spit roast - yum yum! I like that sort of roast.
I was wondering how long this post could last before diverting from cookery to spit roasting.....

I like both! Trouble is, I can't work on a very full tummy and it is so hard to have a 'normal' portion when eating a roast, so I'm not going to make a roast dinner while we're away, even moreso for not having half the ingredients I would need with me, strange oven and probably not enough utensils. I can run to crumble though, I'm sure.

Deffo going to try crackling next time I see a nice piece of pork at a reasonable price.