Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paid for positioning but not received it - help!
Hi all

A strange problem today! I paid 2.50 positioning for tonight 9pm to 10pm. The credits have been debited from my statement but they weren't showing on the positioning page itself, which I thought was odd.

When I logged on, I therefore checked my placement and I can see that I am on the very last page at the bottom and not on the first page which should happen with paid for positioning.

My frustration is that not only have a I lost an hours worth of featuring, I have been charged the 2.50 that I paid for the positioning feature and during what has been a very quiet week I am a bit miffed about paying out money for literally nothing.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so, were you able to get the money refunded back from Adultwork, as I believe they state that they don't refund positioning fees if something goes wrong but this seems a little unfair.

Many thanks
Bidding for positioning doesn't guarantee you will be placed on the first page. Likelihood is that all the people who appeared higher up in the listings than you bid more than 2.5.
Hi

Thanks for your reply, but it is definitely not a case of that. I appeared on the last page out of 6 pages of girls online i.e. page 6 of 6. The bid indicator was green when I placed the bid and having been on cam for 2 years now I have never had this happen before. That coupled with the fact that my positioning bid was not recorded at all on the positioning form (like they usually are) seems to me that for some reason my bid was not recorded properly but was charged.

I understand what you are saying about it not guaranteeing first page, but at one point during the hour my profile was the very last one on the last page, which would mean that every other girl online would have either had to have bidded for positioning at a higher rate than me or have been in a group show. I pay around this amount for positioning every hour during the evening and have never been lower than around row 3 or 4 on the first page, so it is definitely some kind of technical error with it not allocating my positioning bid correctly I think.

Thank you for your reply though
I don't think it's necessarily an error on AW's part. At this time of year the number of service providers increases rapidly with the occasional/seasonal workers dipping their toe in to make money for Christmas time, as well as the full time / career AW service providers upping their game to deal with the influx of competition.

So if you're paying the same as you would usually, and most others are bidding higher to compete at this time of the year then it makes sense that they are appearing closer to the first page than you are. You could try bidding double to see where that places you and it might shed some light on the situation.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ana_X for this post:
  • sultryshelley
(30-11-2016, 10:09)Ana_X Wrote: I don't think it's necessarily an error on AW's part. At this time of year the number of service providers increases rapidly with the occasional/seasonal workers dipping their toe in to make money for Christmas time, as well as the full time / career AW service providers upping their game to deal with the influx of competition.

So if you're paying the same as you would usually, and most others are bidding higher to compete at this time of the year then it makes sense that they are appearing closer to the first page than you are. You could try bidding double to see where that places you and it might shed some light on the situation.

The way to be "almost" certain of the top slot is to look at the bids at the 58th minute of the hour. If your potential bid is sitting at green, then add an extra 1 credit, and place your bid at around 58 minutes and 30 seconds.
The bids cut off at exactly the 59 minute point............. so the chances are that you'll be in top slot (for the next hour)!!
How to claim it back I have no idea. But I NEVER pay more than 2 on positioning (depending on time of day I pay between 1 and 2 credits). That has always been sufficient to appear on the 1st page. I would have been on the same time as you and was on the 1st page all evening. So I think something has gone wrong. Naughty Christmas Elves in the system perhaps x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to lucyloo for this post:
  • sultryshelley
(30-11-2016, 12:23)lucyloo Wrote: How to claim it back I have no idea. But I NEVER pay more than 2 on positioning (depending on time of day I pay between 1 and 2 credits). That has always been sufficient to appear on the 1st page. I would have been on the same time as you and was on the 1st page all evening. So I think something has gone wrong. Naughty Christmas Elves in the system perhaps x

It has occasionally happened to me, where I've paid for hourly positioning, and my profile sits right at the very bottom..
I think it's a glitch in the system as AW is a big website with multiple features.

Are we talking about the same 1st page. Click "tv" in the top tool bar of the home page. Then you come to a page where only one person per section is featured....For example, the person who bids top place on the "doms" section will feature there!!!
I find that being on the tv page makes a difference. ( for years I thought the tv tool bar meant tranny lol)!!!
This page is the route that the majority of customers use to find us!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to English-Caroline for this post:
  • sultryshelley
(30-11-2016, 12:45)English-Caroline Wrote:
(30-11-2016, 12:23)lucyloo Wrote: How to claim it back I have no idea. But I NEVER pay more than 2 on positioning (depending on time of day I pay between 1 and 2 credits). That has always been sufficient to appear on the 1st page. I would have been on the same time as you and was on the 1st page all evening. So I think something has gone wrong. Naughty Christmas Elves in the system perhaps x

It has occasionally happened to me, where I've paid for hourly positioning, and my profile sits right at the very bottom..
I think it's a glitch in the system as AW is a big website with multiple features.

Are we talking about the same 1st page. Click "tv" in the top tool bar of the home page. Then you come to a page where only one person per section is featured....For example, the person who bids top place on the "doms" section will feature there!!!
I find that being on the tv page makes a difference. ( for years I thought the tv tool bar meant tranny lol)!!!
This page is the route that the majority of customers use to find us!

Oh I've never used that. Will have to go have a look.
I'm just on about the Online Now...Direct Cam page.
xxx
Thank you everyone for your replies and help, it is appreciated. Lucyloo thank you for letting me know you were on the same time as me and were on the first page for that hour - it is nice to have it confirmed that there was some kind of problem with my bid. I will put it down to those Christmas elves in the system and move on I think!

I have never used the tv page either so I will have a look there when I go online tonight and see if I can make some sense of it all - thank you for that tip Caroline x