Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Poll: What Months are the worst for Business on Adultwork?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
October
12.50%
1 12.50%
November
0%
0 0%
December
12.50%
1 12.50%
January
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really quite on Direct Cam
Heart 
Hello girls,

This is the first time I've used the Forum and I've been recently using it a lot after the whole Pac Net issue and I've found some of the information very helpful.

So I thought I'd post a somewhat of a concern of mine about Direct Cam - So, I understand there is going to be days when I'm not going to be so busy on Direct Cam but these past 2-3 days I've been extremely quite and I mean, quite dead in my freemode room too which is unusual.

I'm not going to blow my own trumpet however but I'm usually extremely busy - I'm just curious as to why it is so quite as we all know October is the Month people usually start preparing for Christmas and it's here before we know it. I'm wondering does this play a part in why it may be quite on the Website?

Any members who have been active on Adultwork for over a year, is it possible to give me some advice on the months October-January on how busy you have been in the past and what you have learnt from your experience so far?

I'm a newish member and I've been active for 2 and a half months now and this quite spell is something I'm not used to. 

Any reassurance or advice would be really appreciated.

Brook x
Sometimes you do get the odd crap week.I have had 6 weeks of being reasonably busy and then the next could be rubbish or 2-3 days being quiet then earning lots the next one.I would say January tends to be a bit quiet but nothing huge,still plenty traffic on site.Do you offer phone chat too?Also have lots of pics in your pvt gallery and movie clips.This job is highly unpredictable so I am sure you will be busy again shortly........x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mistress_Silk for this post:
  • Summers_0x
(20-10-2016, 05:32)Mistress_Silk Wrote: Sometimes you do get the odd crap week.I have had 6 weeks of being reasonably busy and then the next could be rubbish or 2-3 days being quiet then earning lots the next one.I would say January tends to be a bit quiet but nothing huge,still plenty traffic on site.Do you offer phone chat too?Also have lots of pics in your pvt gallery and movie clips.This job is highly unpredictable so I am sure you will be busy again shortly........x
Thank you so much for the response, it is most definitely highly unpredictable and that's what gives me this concern however... Having this forum to be able to discuss the issues just feels like a little weight has been lifted off.
Take care
Brook x
October to January can become quieter as people start allocating their disposable income elsewhere, yes. That's just me speaking from personal experience and not for everyone. Especially as someone who is quite new to AW, your new member 'novelty' will be starting to wear off (New members are always flooded with clients, both good and bad) so now's the time to start changing things up and working on how to improve/expand your business and it's advertising to capitalise on the fan base you've developed and reach the fan base you want.

Also at this time of year there tends to be an influx of cammers who haven't chosen to make the adult industry their career, but instead dip their toe in for extra pocket money in the run up to Christmas, then drop off again in the new year.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ana_X for this post:
  • 3CA, Summers_0x
Well said Ana. Any self employment job is unpredictable, you just have to keep positive that you will earn money soon. It has been slow for quite a lot of girls.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cece for this post:
  • Summers_0x
I have found the last few days pretty quiet too. The 18th was the worst for me. Sat online for 3 hours and made less than 17 credits - and I paid for positioning for those 3 hours too. I gave up and went to bed after that.

For every bad day there will be heaps of other good days. It only takes a couple of bad days in a row for me to start panicking, but then I generally find if I have a couple of bad days I then get a really good day to make up for it all (and make me wonder why I was worrying in the first place!)

When I was very new and having bad days I used to drop my rates to a stupidly low rate and even then it didn't attract people to my room (and it just made me fed up tbh). So now if I am having a bad day I log off and either go to my allotment if it is still daylight or put my feet up and have a rest if it is evening time :-)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sultryshelley for this post:
  • Summers_0x
(20-10-2016, 23:48)sultryshelley Wrote: I have found the last few days pretty quiet too. The 18th was the worst for me. Sat online for 3 hours and made less than 17 credits - and I paid for positioning for those 3 hours too. I gave up and went to bed after that.

For every bad day there will be heaps of other good days. It only takes a couple of bad days in a row for me to start panicking, but then I generally find if I have a couple of bad days I then get a really good day to make up for it all (and make me wonder why I was worrying in the first place!)

When I was very new and having bad days I used to drop my rates to a stupidly low rate and even then it didn't attract people to my room (and it just made me fed up tbh). So now if I am having a bad day I log off and either go to my allotment if it is still daylight or put my feet up and have a rest if it is evening time :-)
That's exactly what I was thinking today, like why am I worrying so much I have a lot of lump sums of money coming through to get me by those 'bad days'

I guess sometimes, you just need that reassurrence from time to time. I always tell myself to stay positive and if it's quite like you do - Come off and have a break. Yesterday was my worst day ever - I made 50 Credits and I was just like, I need to ask if anyone else is dead like me right now hoping I'm not doing anything wrong or, driving my clients away ha ha!

Thank you so much for the reply, I really do appreciate your time and effort. If you ever need any advice or your quite too just message me. It's always nice to have someone to talk to who is in the same business as it can get lonely as it's not something you speak out about - Well if your being discreet of course.

Brook x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Summers_0x for this post:
  • sultryshelley
(21-10-2016, 01:53)Summers_0x Wrote:
(20-10-2016, 23:48)sultryshelley Wrote: I have found the last few days pretty quiet too. The 18th was the worst for me. Sat online for 3 hours and made less than 17 credits - and I paid for positioning for those 3 hours too. I gave up and went to bed after that.

That's exactly what I was thinking today, like why am I worrying so much I have a lot of lump sums of money coming through to get me by those 'bad days'

I guess sometimes, you just need that reassurrence from time to time. I always tell myself to stay positive and if it's quite like you do - Come off and have a break. Yesterday was my worst day ever - I made 50 Credits and I was just like, I need to ask if anyone else is dead like me right now hoping I'm not doing anything wrong or, driving my clients away ha ha!

Thank you so much for the reply, I really do appreciate your time and effort. If you ever need any advice or your quite too just message me. It's always nice to have someone to talk to who is in the same business as it can get lonely as it's not something you speak out about - Well if your being discreet of course.

Brook x

I've not been on much this week as it's been my busy week in the mainstream job, however I've noticed a significant number of clients drop out within 30 seconds due to them having very low bandwidth!! Regulars who mainly stay for a while! Could it just be another Justcamit blip?

I'm camming all weekend so hope it's resolved.
(21-10-2016, 13:24)English-Caroline Wrote:
(21-10-2016, 01:53)Summers_0x Wrote:

Brook x

I've not been on much this week as it's been my busy week in the mainstream job, however I've noticed a significant number of clients drop out within 30 seconds due to them having very low bandwidth!! Regulars who mainly stay for a while!  Could it just be another Justcamit blip?

I'm camming all weekend so hope it's resolved.

We've found this week a bit quiet ourselves but then it can pick up quickly had 2 bookings I could do yesterday in times I wouldn't normally cam and gave us the chance to have a night off so to speak. 

You say you only made 50 credits but then that all depends how long you canned for to make that. 

At least you didn't make 0. 

All business's have slow periods same as with this so when it's good you just make the most of it l
I always try to put in 8 solid hours a day. This USUALLY brings in 200 credits at the least, but quite often a lot more. If you put in the hours, you WILL make the money.