Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

mobile signal
is there anything i can buy that will enhance the signal i receive on my mobile & make it stronger

they are taking down that many masts now
I don't think there is, it's more a matter of finding out which provider is best for you.
i think there is, DrC bought some signal booster ariels... think they are still in the conservatory!
I'll see if it can point him at this.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
thanks jay
Lolo,

If you go onto ebay and type "mobile phone repeater" there are a couple of options which come up. There are non-powered versions which are about £10-£20 which you stick either side of a glass window and others which are powered and you need to erect a mast and wire in.

These type boosters work well for example if you have a good signal outside the building and non inside - but will not help where overall reception is non-existant or poor.

Your other option is either Vodafone Sure Signal or Orange Signal Boost. The Vodafone version is a Femtocell and as far as I understand will work on any mobile (On the Vodafone network) and the Orange version needs a UMA based phone on the Orange network to work. Both versions need broadband.

Your other option is a different provider which works well in the area you are having troubles with (I used to do a lot of work in Lifton in Devon and the only mobile which worked was Orange. No signal on anything else. At the time due to lost work it was cost effective for me to buy an Orange PAYG phone and divert my main mobile 'phone to it when I was working there).

I guess there is also the option of a VOIP line and do the same. You will pay for the call cost between your mobile and the number you are diverting too.

Hope this helps.
the non powered sounds ideal its just indoors, outside the signal is excellent
For £10ish it's worth a try. A friend was telling me he has a number of them on different windows in different rooms.
I could have done with one of those when I was in Oxford. How do they attach to the window?
with a sticky pad.
Shame it isn't a sucker. Sticky pads tend to not be so re-usable.