Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

train times off peak
I think the only time you get charged peak fares is before 9am
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

I have found that the times I have used sites like the trainline or national rail enquiries, the prices they show on the internet are far more expensive than the prices you pay the conductor when you get on!

wouldnt take that chance though especially with scottish notes
You have a good point there lolo. In my experience they would not take Scottish money past Chester, so you would run in to trouble if you were asked for money after a change of train etc.
Even in the north east which isnt far from the border you would sometimes have problems passing scottish notes
remember OH stopping at some services a few mile from scotch corner & they refused to take them so had to switch my burger king
Think its because its people dont no what they are supposed to look like and how to spot fakes I worked in foreign exchange for a while a few years ago an had a book the size of the bible to compare notes with like I sid on another thread i struggle to even spend english £50's because people just dont no what to look for
(05-07-2011, 21:58)lolo Wrote: remember OH stopping at some services a few mile from scotch corner & they refused to take them so had to switch my burger king

Ah thats in Yorkshire though Lolo - we are not even keen on money coming from Lancashire let alone abroad (Scotland) - but aorund Scotch Corner they may well barter with you if you have the odd sheep in the back of the car.
(05-07-2011, 23:34)Hicky Wrote:
(05-07-2011, 21:58)lolo Wrote: remember OH stopping at some services a few mile from scotch corner & they refused to take them so had to switch my burger king

Ah thats in Yorkshire though Lolo - we are not even keen on money coming from Lancashire let alone abroad (Scotland) - but aorund Scotch Corner they may well barter with you if you have the odd sheep in the back of the car.

They barter a damn site more than sheep round scotch corner major pikey alert they will take anything they can believe me