Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Problems cashing check in bank :/
I tried to cash my first check today and there were problems. They said they'd never seen a check like that before. THey also said that because of the quality of the check, they'd have to send it off to be verified or something, which is costing me 12 euro when the check was only for 85.

I'm extremely upset. The check itself is on suspicously cheap paper. Why is this? Can I request a higher quality check next time?
I've never heard of there being a problem with the cheques, a friend of mine always opts for payment via cheque and has never had a problem taking it to his bank or even a cheque cashing place like ramsdens etc, did you take the letter that came with it when it got posted to you to prove its orign?
Never had problems with AW cheques at all. Some banks take a fee to cash in the cheque, that is "normal".

I don't know what you mean with cheap paper ... do want pictures on ? Its it what it is . I had other companies and looked similar .

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

oh, was I meant to show the letter? shite.

do you think it would be too late to go back in tomorrow and show it to them?
Might help. Whenever you have a cheque from a foriegn bank etc always take the cover letter with you just to save any confusion / problems. Was the same the first time I ever had to take an American cheque into my UK bank.
Nothing wrong with the quality of cheques from AW. Smile
Ughhh I'll go in tomorrow but if they've sent the check off already i might get charged regardless.
I had the same issue when I cashed out my C4S account. They had to send it off to be verified which took a week but I didn't receive a charge for that, it'd be worth checking your bank T&Cs around cheques.
HSBC charges for cashing the cheque , so will most banks as I found out . Between £ 10 and £ 15.

I would think about open an Co op bank account , its for free und uncomplicated. That was my past experience.

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

I bank with Barclays and cash my cheques every week. Have done for the last few years with no problems and they don't charge me anything for the privilege Smile
never had any issues either , I use Natwest

x