Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VAT MORE QUESTIONS (SURPRISE)
Thanks every one for the continued input about this issue, showing we really do have a great community Big Grin
I think the question about the changes being implemented now rather than in January is down to the very fact that VAT is so complex and that AW probably missed the fact that they should have been doing this since January. Chances are HMRC just gave them a ticking off and told them to implement the charge with immediate effect. When we withdraw the funds we're just at the bottom of the trail - similar to when we buy in shops where VAT is added to every level of production, marketing, advertising, sales. The consumer always ends up footing the bill and usually isn't VAT registered and so incurs the cost to the VAT man.
I wish I could tell my son what I do ! Not a VAT man but a tax inspector -but curious, inquisitive, a thinker - and the tax laws are so numerous, complex and archaic, I beyt there's always another way...................
but I am too chickenshit to tell him.
He d be popular on here !