Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

IT'S NOT A WAR
(17-05-2015, 17:15)Nova70 Wrote: "The idiot phone" lol, Sarah that's harsh. I can honestly say that when it's been necessary for me to cancel or rearrange a booking and those occasions have been very few I've nearly always been able to give at least 24 hours notice which I think is reasonable, there have been two occasions where hold ups on the way traffic etc have meant that I was unable to make the booking, one wg was very understanding the other gave me an ear full.

Unfortunately, despite the "topic" you started, you have resorted to seeing things from YOUR point of view, showing that things are unlikely to change and nor have you.

Of course there are genuine guys that fail to show and there are ones that let you know, but that does not account for the 95% that intentionally look to mess girls about, for whatever reason.

Any WG will tell you how many "fake" bookings or "no shows" they get, thankfully I get 95%+ of mine right and sure enough they don't turn up. I can usually tell when a guy is an "idiot".

(17-05-2015, 17:15)Nova70 Wrote: To say that none of your clients have been reliable seems a little unlikely to me, and do remember that wgs do cancel or wish to rearrange bookings as well but again as long as they give me reasonable notice that's no problem.

You know above where I indicate that any punter I have dealings with I consider an idiot and they have to prove themselves, where does it say that all my clients are unreliable? I am sorry but the more you say the more stupid you seem to make yourself out to be.

People that fail to turn up are NOT clients, a client is a guy that turns up and pays. Occasionally I have had genuine clients that have turned into genuine idiots, that can happen. Much the same as a genuine WG can suddenly go off the rails and let everybody down. But at least both parties started out being genuine.

(17-05-2015, 17:19)Nova70 Wrote: Should have mentioned this in the previous post, Sarah I do think it's possible to change the perception of the wider public after all I bet yours have changed since you actually became involved I know my own have.

You bet it has, when I first started I didn't realise how stupid guys could be, since then little has changed apart from going on-line with a wider audience of idiots.

Although that was not much different from when I first advertised in the Sunday Sport, 99+ calls in 3 hours, on a Sunday morning (the counter only went up that high) and so many with accents from 100+ miles from me, all wanting to see me that day, despite it being a Sunday and the answer phone message clearly stated I was not working.

Don't get me wrong, there are thousands of genuine guys out there, unfortunately there are millions of idiots. which is why premium rate number made so much money.

Sarah x x x
But they are not idiots Sarah.

Sure there are game players and timewasters out there, people who gain something from messing around, and people are genuinely unreliable.

There are however plenty of men who are reliable, and consistent. What happens for me is that the people who do mess around, make me appreciate those who do not and for whom I have a lot of time.

A long time ago I worked in customer service so already had a good idea how people can behave, even when it's something official which they rely heavily upon for their everyday lives.

I've come across game players, people who don't seem to be able to organise their lives, however I chose to see people who are reliable.

I work from a "I know you are genuine when you turn up" position, but that doesn't necessarily mean I assume they are not attending, I simply wait and see and the majority who confirm their appointment do turn up. I do however find 50% of new clients do cancel whether that's at short notice or in advance.

I will admit that it's very difficult when you send clear instructions, to find the man has deleted the emails one week prior thinking he's being discrete, and then forgets the careful confirmation/contact details you have provided. I usually give the benefit of the doubt but when I person then doesn't read the text you send containing explicit directions after checking this with them upfront.............it can be teeth grinding time. Or the person who is worried to death about discretion, who then approaches the front door cap pulled down, collar up, rings the buzzer then flings themselves backwards into the bush opposite in full view of the neighbours in an attempt to be "discrete". Explainations are often "I was nervous", "I am genuine".

I've also had the stalkers, robbers, game players.

Over time I learned to sift through to find the clients I could rely upon.

I think you only work once a month, and tour a lot?If so I'd guess you might be dealing constantly with new clients, and will be in a similar position to someone starting from scratch each time and being contacted by serial TWs. I know about that because I have the same guys contacting me 5, 6, 7 years down the line who have let me down all that time ago, sometimes several times before I twigged, still trying to get around me - they also contact new ladies in the area who aren't aware of their reputations, so they can still play someone else.

It is saddening but I take a huge boost from those I do see, clients who never cancel in years of visits....who turn up no matter what and would not dream of letting anyone down. They simply want a nice time, and to go away with a smile on their face.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: But they are not idiots Sarah.

I have to disagree, the time wasters are idiots

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: There are however plenty of men who are reliable, and consistent. What happens for me is that the people who do mess around, make me appreciate those who do not and for whom I have a lot of time.

Exactly, these are the genuine clients that I am happy with...

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: There are however plenty of men who are reliable, and consistent.

This is what I have said all along and I have a lot of time and respect for these guys.

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: I've come across game players, people who don't seem to be able to organise their lives, however I chose to see people who are reliable.

How can you know who is reliable if you have not met them before?

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: I do however find 50% of new clients do cancel whether that's at short notice or in advance.

So a lot of time wasters then?

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: I will admit that it's very difficult when you send clear instructions, to find the man has deleted the emails one week prior thinking he's being discrete, and then forgets the careful confirmation/contact details you have provided. I usually give the benefit of the doubt but when I person then doesn't read the text you send containing explicit directions after checking this with them upfront.............it can be teeth grinding time.

I am really not phased by the people that don't turn up, 95% of the time I have already logged them as a time waster by the phone call and yes, I have been known to be surprised by a guy that does turn up when I did not expect him to as I am by a guy that I thought was genuine and did not turn up or cancel. There are those that i expect to not turn up and do cancel with some weird excuse. But it was expected.

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: I've also had the stalkers, robbers, game players.

it is a daily problem with many girls

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: Over time I learned to sift through to find the clients I could rely upon.

I have many regular guys that I see and i can rely on 99% of them

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: I think you only work once a month, and tour a lot?If so I'd guess you might be dealing constantly with new clients, and will be in a similar position to someone starting from scratch each time and being contacted by serial TWs. I know about that because I have the same guys contacting me 5, 6, 7 years down the line who have let me down all that time ago, sometimes several times before I twigged, still trying to get around me - they also contact new ladies in the area who aren't aware of their reputations, so they can still play someone else.

As you rightly say, "serial time wasters" and this is the point, punters always have a go about girls that waste their time yet there are "serial time wasters" and idiots out there that girls have to deal with on a daily basis.

When I tour I usually visit the same places, so I do get know the time wasters in that area, unfortunately, like the idiots they are, they forget they have called me before, in fact, some are that stupid they even call me the next day to make a second appointment, after failing to turn up.

I also agree with you that if you stay in one area for long enough the idiots you get call / book you will decrease, in time, partly because the novelty will wear off for them and that you will recognise their voice / script / phone number.

(17-05-2015, 21:15)Strawberryblonde Wrote: It is saddening but I take a huge boost from those I do see, clients who never cancel in years of visits....who turn up no matter what and would not dream of letting anyone down. They simply want a nice time, and to go away with a smile on their face.
Again, exactly what I have been saying, clients are the guys that turn up, idiots are the ones that have no intention too.

In each and every post I point out that there are good and bad on both sides of the fence, there is no defence for either. I appreciate that guys get messed around by girls and yes i feel sorry for them, but that is never going to change. The punters have to learn to appreciate that whilst hey may be genuine, girls have to deal with loads of idiots as well. And whilst guys may only go punting once or twice a month, there are girls that have to deal with idiots on a daily basis.

Girls will sometimes have a rant about the above, but mainly take it as part of the job. guys should accept that their problems are part of their hobby, nothing will change and I really don't see how it will.

But I am interested in how they think it can be achieved.

Sarah x x x
Sarah to automatically assume that any group of people are all idiots is an appalling attitude, I accept that you do probably get a large number of cancellations/fake bookings but I can't believe it's as high as you claim, Strawberry's figure is probably nearer the mark judging from what other wgs have told me, 50% is still very high but many of those are probably men considering seeing a wg for the first time and then get cold feet, they may go through this process several times with different wgs before actually going through with it or simply deciding to knock the idea on the head. I do remember my first time and I was incredibly nervous and as I'm divorced I wasn't even carrying the guilt of cheating on a partner, I did go through with it though.

I suppose where you advertise can also be a factor, The Sunday Sport........really. AW has it's pros and cons, yes your reaching the widest audience but many of those will simply be the curious, on the other hand it also has plenty of real punters many of whom punt very frequently, it's a similar situation for punters, obviously many of the ads are dubious in one way or another but the flip side is there are also some real gems.

I've never actually seen your profile Sarah but something tells me that Humiliation (giving) is probably on your likes list.
Many punters are just testing the water when they see a new profile. Stay on it long enough and you might discover its another fake if the photo suddenly changes.

It goes both ways, just like girls like to hear the guys voice to determine if his an agressive person etc
(18-05-2015, 07:54)torrentmike Wrote: Many punters are just testing the water when they see a new profile. Stay on it long enough and you might discover its another fake if the photo suddenly changes.

It goes both ways, just like girls like to hear the guys voice to determine if his an agressive person etc

Yes but Mike, I've been on AW enough for potential clients to know I'm not a fake profile. My profile and photos are consistent.

I want to hear a voice because it gives a greater sense that the person may go through with the booking, and also that you can understand each other.

With newspaper ads, apart from persistent texters, you mostly got to speak to the person from the first contact. There was a lot to wade through with news paper ads however I've had some lovely clients get to me via that form of advertising, a couple in the last two years.

Not everyone is au fait with the internet, and not everyone wants to leave a trail on the computer.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

(18-05-2015, 01:58)Nova70 Wrote: I've never actually seen your profile Sarah but something tells me that Humiliation (giving) is probably on your likes list.

Not at all... I just don't tolerate idiots that easily.

And most of the rest of what you put, as usual, is pure rubbish, you seem to think that a guys is entitled to mess several girls around because he is a first timer

Had you taken the time and trouble to read and understand both what Strawberry and I wrote above, you will see that it is usually the same idiots that are time wasters, they will call you repeatedly and even 5-7 years later they will still be making fake bookings. hardly new punters.

Your not exactly looking at it from the others point of view as you claimed you wanted people to do, your constant defence of these time wasters is amazing and does not help your cause of trying to change things, it seems that your idea of change is for the scam working girls to stop conning guys but the idiots can continue calling, texting and wasting WG's time with no intention of making a booking, as they have a good reason to be doing this.

I have worked, on and off, for a good many years and have much experience of what I talk about.

Sarah x x x
(18-05-2015, 07:54)torrentmike Wrote: Many punters are just testing the water when they see a new profile. Stay on it long enough and you might discover its another fake if the photo suddenly changes.

A good point Mike, I may test the water by sending two or three AW emails when I'm interested in a new or newish profile, Strawberry this is not something I would do with an established member with a reasonable amount of genuine feedback.

Yes Sarah I have read and taken in both your own and Strawberry's posts and I do understand what a big problem time wasters/fakes are and you have my sympathy - time is money. I think that the men who contact you over a long period of time are not punters at all simply those for whom your ad in particular or wg ads in general hold a certain fascination, if you've spent a while on forums you will have noticed how many fakers the subject matter attracts, some forums have a bigger problem with this than others lol.
I will be very honest here, which may answer why there are lots of timewasters on the punters side.

Its the urge. Its no good if you have to book in advance and wait for tomorrow. You want to see someone on the very same day. What London need are more walk-ups like they have in Asian countries. A building with 10-20 rooms, ring the door bell, choose the girl you like, fast and convenient.

In other words, its unpredictable for a guy to know when he gets horny. Usually automactically triggers. Not sure about a woman though
(18-05-2015, 18:30)torrentmike Wrote: I will be very honest here, which may answer why there are lots of timewasters on the punters side.

Its the urge. Its no good if you have to book in advance and wait for tomorrow. You want to see someone on the very same day. What London need are more walk-ups like they have in Asian countries. A building with 10-20 rooms, ring the door bell, choose the girl you like, fast and convenient.

In other words, its unpredictable for a guy to know when he gets horny. Usually automactically triggers. Not sure about a woman though

Yes I have clients who book short notice because given time to think about it, they'll talk themselves out of it.

There are others who want to plan a set time in advance, that works better for them.

Interestingly I've had just as many new client short notice bookings cancel, as advance - very often it'll be due to work calling them in.

Regulars rarely if ever cancel.