Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

SMS Chat confusion
Information 
Hi all, new member here in need of some help please.

I, for my own reasons have joined and offering sms chat only. What I am confused about is when an sms comes through to me how do I respond to it. Is it done through a web browser or my own mobile phone?

If it's my own phone am I expected to pay for all of my own texts?

Like a lot of people I am here to try and make a bit of extra money and have a fun time, but it isn't very clear on the main site how the whole sms thing works and I was hoping that one of you good people would be able to help.

I didn't want to fill the whole profile thing in before I knew how it worked, if that makes sense.

Sorry if this is a stupid and simple question.

Many thanks to you all Smile
(05-12-2014, 12:00)Bigbaps77 Wrote: Hi all, new member here in need of some help please.

I, for my own reasons have joined and offering sms chat only. What I am confused about is when an sms comes through to me how do I respond to it. Is it done through a web browser or my own mobile phone?

If it's my own phone am I expected to pay for all of my own texts?

Like a lot of people I am here to try and make a bit of extra money and have a fun time, but it isn't very clear on the main site how the whole sms thing works and I was hoping that one of you good people would be able to help.

I didn't want to fill the whole profile thing in before I knew how it worked, if that makes sense.

Sorry if this is a stupid and simple question.

Many thanks to you all Smile

It's ok, just found the info I was looking for hidden away in a help link on the registration page. Bit of a bummer that you have to pay for your own texts, hope the credits accrued warrant the texting....lol.
Hi, just incase others need the answers. Mobile phone, you pay for your texts.

DirectIM may be of help to you though. Its pay per minute and you do it online. Its like Skype chat without the video or audio.

Thanks
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
(05-12-2014, 13:01)Admin Wrote: Hi, just incase others need the answers. Mobile phone, you pay for your texts.

DirectIM may be of help to you though. Its pay per minute and you do it online. Its like Skype chat without the video or audio.

Thanks

Ooh thank you that's really helpful. I wanted to do the sms type chat but for personal reasons didn't want to show my face or speak on a phone. This sounds like a chatroom type scenario, I can do that.

Now how do I access that.......lol

said I was a newbie.
tbh sms chat isnt really a great money earner ive had the odd few .... you are really better off with direct im and to do this you will need to download justcamit and then set your prices direct im can pretty good i make abit from it when i cba too cam ..... x x
Hi, as above, download justcamit or use http://adultworkwebcammers.co.uk/aw.html

You can access the settings here http://www.adultwork.com/dlgDirectCamSettings.asp?GE=0

Remember to set price accordingly.

The option you are looking for is "I wish to provide typed text-chat only, (called DirectIM), with no video sent from my PC or shown to clients."

Thanks
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4