Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Why are British women's breasts getting bigger?
In recent years, the average British bra size has jumped from 34B to 36D.

Earlier this year, Selfridges began stocking a K cup range, and its sales of D to G cups have risen by 50% year-on-year since 2005.

Last week, Debenhams started stocking KK bras.

"In the past few years we've seen a significant change," says Helen Spencer, lingerie and swimwear buyer at John Lewis. "The best-selling size in the business was 34B; that's what every woman thought she took. For us it's now 32D. That's happened in the past 18 months, and watching the sales coming in now, we can see that it won't be long before 32F becomes the biggest seller."

"There's been a huge growth in the small back, larger cup lady, particularly among young girls, the younger girls just seem to have bigger breasts now."

The big boob bonanza of 2010 may simply be part of the ongoing evolution of the female form, but it's one thing women are content not to have to worry about – at least for now. If you've got them, you might as well flaunt them.

Read full story http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2...ing-bigger.
I'd like to know what the time frame is for this. I think trend has got to have something to do with it. If you look in the magazines the women being portrayed as role models have the figure that you say is now most likely to be bought for.

32 is a small frame, which to me does not seem to fit reality, as women generally are bigger and taller than they used to be. How can this be true when size 16 is meant to be the size of the average women? However, young girls these days are very trend conscious and where in my day, really underwear was not really something we thought much about, or were made aware of, these days they are and girls tend to dress from the inside out, ie the bra is a feature to their outfit and not just something underneath keeping their modesty.

D cup? Well, I'm not sure about that either. My experience is that when I was young and slim I was that 34B and remained that for most of my 20s. My sister (who is 16 years younger) is the same as me and yet we have very different figures, she is 3"s taller than me. Girls of 18+ are increasingly having boob jobs done though and it is becoming common place, so my theory would be that perhaps, girls are having their breasts enhanced at a much younger age and keeping themselves slim, to create the image of the stars they aspire to be like.

I'm not sure how natural it is at all.
im with kate on this one there seems to be a trend for under 18s to go to america to get boob jobs as they'll do it as young as 15

though if they are getting bigger i'd put that down to them being bigger all over

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British women 'fattest in Europe' Heather_Edwards 20 31,909 28-11-2011, 23:00
Last Post: Nick Meanswell