Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auto Updating!
I reported a girl once for doing this... I got a mail back from AW saying that they had looked into it and as far as they could see there was nothing to indicate that she was using a script and that she was just manually updating her profile. I pointed out that as soon as anyone moved to first place she immediately jumped in front of them and that when I updated I could only ever achieve second place and she was always at the top... it was so instant - she can't have been watching it all day every day!

The never said that she had been using a script, but all of a sudden she did stop achieving the top slot all day every day, so I guess they must have given her a warning or something? Dunno.

Different thing to direct cam positioning, though... not sure how that works tbh.
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
(14-04-2013, 16:12)Trinity-Belle Wrote: I reported a girl once for doing this... I got a mail back from AW saying that they had looked into it and as far as they could see there was nothing to indicate that she was using a script and that she was just manually updating her profile. I pointed out that as soon as anyone moved to first place she immediately jumped in front of them and that when I updated I could only ever achieve second place and she was always at the top... it was so instant - she can't have been watching it all day every day!

Hi Trinity.

Well I suppose at least that shows AW does check and can tell the difference between Manual and Auto updating.....

I have read they probably warn girls first, it seems a good move and gives the girl an opportunity to stop or explain she isn't Auto Updating Smile

I was suspended for running a script to keep my profile updated, last summer. At the time I didn't even know what it was. And now, I still don't have the foggiest of how to. Anyway, despite multiple emails asking them to please look into it and that I wasn't, they wouldn't reinstate me. Until one day, about three weeks later, someone on Twitter informed me that my profile was back up and running.
So... they probably don't have a clue of the difference.

PS: I typically (always, ie before and now) probably update my profile between 2-10 times a day, mostly actually adding things (mentioning new content eg) rather than just updating for the sake of it.
(14-04-2013, 13:25)clairexxx1991 Wrote:
(14-04-2013, 13:02)x Connie x Wrote: might not be right to NOT report them but if everyone thought like you maybe one day your account would be suspended.

once reported and deactivated by AW, new profiles will just spring up anyway and you may have caused just one genuine girl a couple of weeks of hassle and financial hardship for no real gain to yourself honey.

So correct me if I'm wrong.....

You are saying, if we all reported girls for breaking the rules, in this case suspected Auto Updating, it may harm girls who do not break the rules and because of this its better to let girls carry on breaking the rules??

correct you if you're wrong? think a few of us have - not corrected you - just gave an opinion.

feel like i may be banging my head off a brick wall here but hay ho. i'll bite again.

- i don't feel its up to me to police the site (live and let live and all that) - i think AW are doing a pretty good job of sorting this kind of thing out atm.

- i usually assume its a albanian/romanian/british even, GUY putting these profiles up for a quick buck.

- if you bring AW's attention to a group you suspect (like i said earlier) chances are some innocent newbies are gonna get caught in the crossfire - or even some established girl who has coincedentally updated as its being reviewed.

my main point, as i said before, is that this shouldn't be affecting your business - so if you are quiet, start looking at areas where YOU can improve.

by all means, report away if you think its going to help you - AGAIN, as i said before, i don't think it will.

find me on adultwork http://www.adultwork.com/1166027

Call me on, 07930693406 xx
(14-04-2013, 16:39)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: I was suspended for running a script to keep my profile updated, last summer. At the time I didn't even know what it was. And now, I still don't have the foggiest of how to.

Good news they did reinstate you in the end but frustrating Sad

The way I understand it is, if a girl is using Auto Updates the updates appear at specific time intervals but this doesn't happen with manual updating Smile

So yes, I'll agree with you that's it's annoying when members abuse the system. But also, if someone had reported me because they thought I was using a script when I wasn't, I would have ripped their vagina out with my bare hands considering that I lost three weeks with Adultwork and had a very stressful first week!

However, I read on Adultwork somewhere a few months ago that scripts are no longer effective because "so many were using them" and they changed something so that scripts wouldn't work. And even updating manually wouldn't have the desired effect each time. They were limiting how often someone could update their profile and therefore appear ahead of others.
(14-04-2013, 16:40)x Connie x Wrote: correct you if you're wrong? think a few of us have - not corrected you - just gave an opinion.

feel like i may be banging my head off a brick wall here but hay ho. i'll bite again.

- i don't feel its up to me to police the site (live and let live and all that) - i think AW are doing a pretty good job of sorting this kind of thing out atm.

- if you bring AW's attention to a group you suspect (like i said earlier) chances are some innocent newbies are gonna get caught in the crossfire - or even some established girl who has coincedentally updated as its being reviewed.

my main point, as i said before, is that this shouldn't be affecting your business - so if you are quiet, start looking at areas where YOU can improve.

Hi Connie,

Point taken, when I said 'correct me if I'm wrong' I was only trying to clarify what was being said.....

Yes AW have much to do atm as its a big site and they're always making adjustments to keep it running smoothly and fairly.

I also don't want to Police AW but when these same girls are constantly on the top of the listings it will affect all the other girls in that area.

Being at the top of the listings is beneficial, this is why girls will pay extra to be 'Featured' for the day...

I would also like to be constantly on top without paying a single penny as I'm sure many girls would, this is why I feel strongly about this....

hi again claire

sorry if i sounded harsh before btw and belatedly - welcome to the forum.

just a wee side note that you might take heart from,

i have only updated twice today - once when i came in at 10.30 then again just now at 4.30 (after my last client). i haven't had one call or text since updating but have had a busy day up till then - so it doesn't always make a difference where you're placed.

i haven't seen your profile (you can put a link to it in your signiture btw, so that any of the clients on the boards can have a nosy if they like the sound of you) so not too sure how you're doing things but here's some tips,

- get some dirty pics up in your 'private gallery' so that promoting yourself doesn't cost anything.

- use this money to post a phone number so you aren't constantly having to check e-mail.

- i know you want to keep costs down but once you've made money from pics/videos/erotica etc. trial some of AW's features like, 'available today', 'local search' and 'featured' and see which one works for you. i don't withdraw any credits from my AW account - i just use them for promoting myself.

in this way, it doesn't 'cost you a single penny' - the clients pay you to promote yourself.

good luck with it.

(14-04-2013, 16:55)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: So yes, I'll agree with you that's it's annoying when members abuse the system. But also, if someone had reported me because they thought I was using a script when I wasn't, I would have ripped their vagina out with my bare hands considering that I lost three weeks with Adultwork and had a very stressful first week!

However, I read on Adultwork somewhere a few months ago that scripts are no longer effective because "so many were using them" and they changed something so that scripts wouldn't work. And even updating manually wouldn't have the desired effect each time. They were limiting how often someone could update their profile and therefore appear ahead of others.

Hey Caitlin....

I'm glad I don't live in Scotland.. Nice website btw..
This ripping out vaginas doesn't sound a very pleasant experience Sad

Interesting you mention AW changed things to make scripting ineffective! I didn't see that, but I did read something about manual updating... it basically was saying, if you continually update it won't show the date you last updated.. Nothing to worry about really Smile

(14-04-2013, 16:55)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: So yes, I'll agree with you that's it's annoying when members abuse the system. But also, if someone had reported me because they thought I was using a script when I wasn't, I would have ripped their vagina out with my bare hands considering that I lost three weeks with Adultwork and had a very stressful first week!

sounds painful scotty - remind me not to get on your bad side Big Grin