Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DirectCam : Message area- text errors.
Hey! Been a long time user of AW and had a recent problem viewing directcam's.

When clicked on the usual window opens and connects to the service provider but the text in the message window is displayed incorrectly. The text which is usually displayed at the top of the message window that tells you how to behave is coloured white (thus unreadable if not highlighted with the cursor). Other strange graphical errors make the Service Providers' name appear garbled and other text when written by myself or other users in unusual almost unreadable colours.

I'm using Windows XP & Google Chrome. Also updated my flash player to the most recent (as of today).

I do hope someone can help as this is very annoying!

Thanks.
Think you might've been in my room earlier this evening? Not sure what you are seeing but from my side of the cam the text looks right. I have had a few guys tell me they can't read the text recently or maybe it was the same guy? you? I think you might find it more helpful if you have a look round the 'HELP' section of AW http://www.adultwork.com/Help.asp
I'M ON DAILY PAY & I LOVE IT! ASK ME FOR MORE INFO!

My AdultWork Profile

Follw Me Big Boy Wink

Missy XXX
Oooh interesting. I had a guy in today in private, who said he could see my pic fine, but all the text was unreadable. He tried logging in and out, but to no avail.
(05-03-2013, 00:42)missdemeanour Wrote: Think you might've been in my room earlier this evening? Not sure what you are seeing but from my side of the cam the text looks right. I have had a few guys tell me they can't read the text recently or maybe it was the same guy? you? I think you might find it more helpful if you have a look round the 'HELP' section of AW http://www.adultwork.com/Help.asp

Thanks for the reply. No I don't believe that was me.

As for the help section I haven't had any luck finding anything relating to the problems I am getting. But from what is said I'm not the only one having these problems.

Should I contact AW directly myself? It could be major issue- It's potentially an issue that could affect all cam providers & seekers.
(05-03-2013, 12:26)Indigo Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 00:42)missdemeanour Wrote: Think you might've been in my room earlier this evening? Not sure what you are seeing but from my side of the cam the text looks right. I have had a few guys tell me they can't read the text recently or maybe it was the same guy? you? I think you might find it more helpful if you have a look round the 'HELP' section of AW http://www.adultwork.com/Help.asp

Thanks for the reply. No I don't believe that was me.

As for the help section I haven't had any luck finding anything relating to the problems I am getting. But from what is said I'm not the only one having these problems.

Should I contact AW directly myself? It could be major issue- It's potentially an issue that could affect all cam providers & seekers.

Ok yes it seems it's not just you, but does appear to be very random or could explain why lot's of guys are entering and leaving my freechat room very quickly whilst others stay for a chat or go into grp/pvt. I wonder if it's more of a problem with the Just Cammit software rather than AW. Are you experiencing the same problem in other rooms? or is it random, some work fine others don't? I don't even know if seekers need the software or do you use flash? lol you can tell I'm technically minded. It might be worth contacting AW directly but if it is a Just Cammit issue then they probably won't be able to help. Make sure you give as detailed a description as you can.
I'M ON DAILY PAY & I LOVE IT! ASK ME FOR MORE INFO!

My AdultWork Profile

Follw Me Big Boy Wink

Missy XXX
(05-03-2013, 12:44)missdemeanour Wrote: Ok yes it seems it's not just you, but does appear to be very random or could explain why lot's of guys are entering and leaving my freechat room very quickly whilst others stay for a chat or go into grp/pvt. I wonder if it's more of a problem with the Just Cammit software rather than AW. Are you experiencing the same problem in other rooms? or is it random, some work fine others don't? I don't even know if seekers need the software or do you use flash? lol you can tell I'm technically minded. It might be worth contacting AW directly but if it is a Just Cammit issue then they probably won't be able to help. Make sure you give as detailed a description as you can.

It's all cams, not just you. I think it could be a flash problem?
The usual window comes up when you click to view -for instance- 'a free Preview' then inside that window it say 'initializing' in the normal black text. After that the window displays 'connecting' in bright green colour and both the messaging and cam sections appear. The cam section behaves the same- no problem there. But the Text window displays the errors mentioned above: the white text colour, the strange garbled text for host and guests and the horrible colours for the fonts.

This happens in both preview and private/group areas.

The last article added to the Help Centre on Adultwork:

This is a Chrome/Flash issue. Chances are the Version Information text on the Adobe Flash page is also corrupted.

If so, follow these steps:

1) In Google Chrome type:

about:plugins

... into the address bar and hit enter.

2) Look for Adobe Flash Player - most likely at the top. Click the "Disable" link.

3) Close Chrome, re-open Chrome.

4) Navigate again to about:plugins

5) Click the "Enable" link next to Adobe Flash Player.

Navigate back to the Adobe Page and all should be as normal.
(05-03-2013, 16:22)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: The last article added to the Help Centre on Adultwork:

This is a Chrome/Flash issue. Chances are the Version Information text on the Adobe Flash page is also corrupted.

If so, follow these steps:

1) In Google Chrome type:

about:plugins

... into the address bar and hit enter.

2) Look for Adobe Flash Player - most likely at the top. Click the "Disable" link.

3) Close Chrome, re-open Chrome.

4) Navigate again to about:plugins

5) Click the "Enable" link next to Adobe Flash Player.

Navigate back to the Adobe Page and all should be as normal.

Thank you so much. Problem solved- it was the flash plugin in the Chrome browser. Must had got corrupted some how. Switching on/off did the trick.

I had a feeling it was flash!

Beautiful and intelligent- Thanks again Scotty Hottie! x

I had that as well yesterday with two guys.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ANYONE ELSE GETTING ERROR MESSAGE AND DIRECTCAM DISCONNECTS ? country-gal1984 2 1,927 27-06-2022, 15:19
Last Post: country-gal1984