Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good hosting/domain providers for adult content?
I was thinking of setting up a website, nothing huge just mainly a place to advertise services and occasionally blog. Has anyone got any ideas of who I might get to host? I've got a fair amount of web design experience but I'm afraid my skills are a little outdated, even just having something like a live journal would do but with my own domain name.

Any suggestions?
Wordpress is very popular with folk who build their own member sites, I've little patience for the technogubbins myself so couldn't tell you how simple it is to work with.
I bought my domain name somewhere (?) but turned out they wouldn't allow adult themed stuff, so I moved it over to Certified Hosting (link in sig) and installed Wordpress through them. I'm paying about $9/month for the hosting. No problems as of yet!
Dreamhost are the best for adult hosting, they offer free domains, private hosting (no info in whois) and you can get a discount by going through me, i'll pm you x
If you wanted really nice and completely customisable site I would recommend wix I use it for my freelance work, it's a bit pricey though with monthly fees etc. Also not sure how well it does with blogging and can be a bit of a ballache to get your head around.

However Blogger lets you attach your domain name for free and have some really nice looking templates so it's extra easy to use too and is great for blogging. You can customise that too and can look really professional, also lets you attach banners etc to you AW. I used blogger for years for my artwork stuff.

Hope this helps Smile
I believe wix do allow adult related sites on their servers, however you are limited as to what type of services you can offer through them. With wordpress on the other hand, should you choose at a later date to have a members site with payment processing etc, there are literally hundreds of free and paid for add ons that are easily integratable. Adult material is not allowed on either wix or wordpress if only using the free versions.