Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

What webcam is best to use for justcamit
Hiya guys and girls

i have been a webcammer on AW since 2010, before that date i just did phonechat, for the last few weeks i have been having problems with justcamit (i have the lastest version) and use windows 7, anyway the webcam i use is a microsoft HD webcam and normally i have had no issues.

however recently when i have been on justcamit the fps have been dropping down to 15 and some clients have said they cannot see or hear me, my webcam usually performs fine at 30 fps. I live on a farm and my internet isn't superfast.

i also use skype and have had no problems . I'm just wondering if i need to get a new webcam or is there an update for justcamit ? i haven't seen any updates for it yet.

any advice would be much appreciated

many thanks and all the best for 2013

country-gal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShy[/size][/font]

Try using the online version if the problem persists, http://www.videochat.tv/
If your webcam used to be fine that is not the problem. it might be your speed, try a speed test - just search google. Sometimes you just get a bad connection. Try Logging out and back in. Also, if you have other websites up while camming, that uses your bandwidth too. Some sites are real bandwidth hogs. Free e mail like yahoo, hotmail etc are a good example. If you have any tool bars, delete them, they use a lot of bandwidth. Clear cookies and cache regularly, and keep your PC optimized.

(30-12-2012, 15:23)country-gal Wrote: Hiya guys and girls

i have been a webcammer on AW since 2010, before that date i just did phonechat, for the last few weeks i have been having problems with justcamit (i have the lastest version) and use windows 7, anyway the webcam i use is a microsoft HD webcam and normally i have had no issues.

however recently when i have been on justcamit the fps have been dropping down to 15 and some clients have said they cannot see or hear me, my webcam usually performs fine at 30 fps. I live on a farm and my internet isn't superfast.

i also use skype and have had no problems . I'm just wondering if i need to get a new webcam or is there an update for justcamit ? i haven't seen any updates for it yet.

(30-12-2012, 16:00)nightape Wrote: Dear Nightape thankyou for your advice i will look into the online version, i aint sure what the problem can be as i always shut everything else down on my pc when i cam. i dont download anything etc, unless my internet is just getting too slow....Confused and i aint going to move house just so i can cam lol xxx thanks country-gal

Try using the online version if the problem persists, http://www.videochat.tv/
If your webcam used to be fine that is not the problem. it might be your speed, try a speed test - just search google. Sometimes you just get a bad connection. Try Logging out and back in. Also, if you have other websites up while camming, that uses your bandwidth too. Some sites are real bandwidth hogs. Free e mail like yahoo, hotmail etc are a good example. If you have any tool bars, delete them, they use a lot of bandwidth. Clear cookies and cache regularly, and keep your PC optimized.

(30-12-2012, 15:23)country-gal Wrote: Hiya guys and girls

I don't know how clued up you are on computers. Many programs automatically download their tool bar.

I will try to give you step by step instructions.

On the lower left side of your screen, click "start" Then "control Panel" scroll down to "programs" If you see any words saying "tool bar" ie yahoo toolbar (it will always mention the program first) delete it.

The other thing is to contact your internet provider. If they drop your speeds, to increase their own revenue, and you don't complain, it will remain slow. We live in an unscrupulous world.

(30-12-2012, 17:20)nightape Wrote: I don't know how clued up you are on computers. Many programs automatically download their tool bar.

I will try to give you step by step instructions.

On the lower left side of your screen, click "start" Then "control Panel" scroll down to "programs" If you see any words saying "tool bar" ie yahoo toolbar (it will always mention the program first) delete it.

The other thing is to contact your internet provider. If they drop your speeds, to increase their own revenue, and you don't complain, it will remain slow. We live in an unscrupulous world.

Dear Nightape, again thankyou, no i'm not clued up on computers, i have sky broadband and when i use skype skype is fine for webcam bookings, if it was the internet wouldn't skype be poor also? I have no idea, i tried justcamit on the tv channel and it wasn't picking up my webcam !!!!! oh well i will just have to try justcamit again and see how it goes ...country-gal xxxx

I am heading to currys/pc world today to purchase a logitec C920 after a lot of reviews and research, may motivate me to cam more lol. will report the cam quality via justcamit later.
For some reason I haven't been able to use JCI software for over a year as it says my internet speed is low and I get too low of a frame rate, however the videochat.tv (browser based JCI) works perfectly fine.
I'm using a C920 at 640x480 resolution. Smile
The latest Logitech is always the way to go x
Yep we always use a Logitech C920 it's about the best out there right now... a good fibre optic broadband connection is the next important thing (well probably as important if not more)
as above, yes, the c920 is the cam I use, it's remarkable lens gives a clear picture, it changes its brightness automatically & can deal with low & bright lighting. The sound is stereo also.

I think your problem maybe the internet, however, if you have at least 1 mb upspeed, you should be ok.

Have fun! x